• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Complete Redesign

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Does anybody know anything about PHPBB and what my problem is? I can't get it working.

Yeah, we know about PhpBB. As for you, you have a lot of problems :D

J/K, just had to say that ;)

Never mind, I am going with a PHP board called PHPBB... but it keeps on giving me this message:

Testing DB Connection...
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Unknown MySQL Server Host '/board' (0) in /home/glomar/glomar-www/gc/phpbb/install.php on line 39
Error, I could not connect to the database at /board. Using username Giancarlo and password ********.
Please go back and try again.

What is the problem?
Does the mysql database exist?

I have just one small suggestion, on the simcity3000 user cities page, under the download link for the cities, you should post a screenshot, like you have on the webmaster cities page, so people can see what the city is like before they download, apart from that i give you a 9/10. Good Job.

Thanks.

Is anyone experiencing problems with viewing the top-left image? I been told by somebody they have had a problem.

And can anybody check my code to see if everything is in order.. thanks in advanced.

Is anyone experiencing problems with viewing the top-left image? I been told by somebody they have had a problem.

Here is a screenshot in IE, it looked the same yesterday in Netscape. There is obviously a problem there somewhere :cry2:

Originally posted by cheatpark
So did you get the forums going (not cgi-spy ones)?

No I am still getting the same error when creating a folder or forum.

Jan... there seems to be nothing wrong there...?

Originally posted by Jan

You mean it is meant to look like that :whatthe:

No I am asking if something appears to be wrong with the left image in different browsers, seriously.

I know it checks off with Internet Explorer 6.0, but I want to know about other browsers.

That screen shot was IE 5.5 and it looks the same in Netscape. It just looks like a half loaded pic to me :(

Comments: One side of the image is bigger than the rest of the left side. I wonder why you make the left side so empty with a table? Looks funny

Design: 730/1000
Graphics: 700/1000
Organised: 620/1000
Speed: 875/1000

Overall: 731/1000, 73/100, 7/10

Last edited:
Never mind, I am going with a PHP board called PHPBB... but it keeps on giving me this message:

Testing DB Connection...
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Unknown MySQL Server Host '/board' (0) in /home/glomar/glomar-www/gc/phpbb/install.php on line 39
Error, I could not connect to the database at /board. Using username Giancarlo and password ********.
Please go back and try again.

What is the problem?

Are you sure the server is '/board'? I thought it would be something like 'localhost'.

Originally posted by trenzterra
Comments: One side of the image is bigger than the rest of the left side. I wonder why you make the left side so empty with a table? Looks funny

Design: 730/1000
Graphics: 700/1000
Organised: 620/1000
Speed: 225/1000

Overall: 569/1000, 57/100, 6/10

There is nothing with the speed. And what is wrong with the organization, graphics an design? I find your score is way too low. Especially with how much cleaning up I did on the design.

Daniel it is working now:
http://glomar.net/gc/forum

There is nothing with the speed. And what is wrong with the organization, graphics an design? I find your score is way too low. Especially with how much cleaning up I did on the design.

Daniel it is working now:
http://glomar.net/gc/forum
hmm sorry it seems that I put a wrong score for the speed. the the image looks like everything is funny as there is just the image on the left.

Graphics, I only see about one nice one and the others are just photos. Also design is not really that nice. Hope you can accept this fact.

Back