• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Compare Boards

What's your favorite board?

• V-Bulletin

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • YABB

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Invision Forums

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • PhpBB

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • openBB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eboard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by granddbz

that's true. if the style was popular, why cant they make another of the same style?

He could, but couldn't he at least make more tweaks? He copied even the smallest of details (like the same wording in certain parts). And also...redoing the emoticons wouldn't be that hard. They were never that great anyway.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

He could, but couldn't he at least make more tweaks? He copied even the smallest of details (like the same wording in certain parts). And also...redoing the emoticons wouldn't be that hard. They were never that great anyway.

What does the wording or the look matter? Thats just the appearance and has nothing to do with the actual speed, reliability or features. It would take minutes for the dev team (of IBF) to change what youre suggesting (maybe a couple of hours for the average user). Their main focus is on the actual coding and adding new features (which is why their development of IBF has been proceeding quickly).

Originally posted by conkermaniac

IMO it was great. Anyway you just aren't satisfied with everything! :rolleyes:

anyone like edgeboard?
Its very new and its flatfile so it really wouldn't be fair comparing it to a board running on a much much more powerful database. The former lead programmer of edgeBoard went to write Invision Flat Board...

I think the url to it is flatboard.invisionboard.com

I wouldn't recommend using any cgi based forums since most hosts put a ban on those. Why? Because it takes up too much resources on a server so if you have a huge cgi forum, it bogs down the server. So if you can't afford vBulletin (or simply don't want to spend $85), I would recommend using Invision Board. :)

where can we download the invision flatboard?
You'll have to wait. The progress is painfully slow, and no, the flatboard uses php also. I think there is a cgi version too.

Flatboard is written in PHP. You cannot download because it is still in its Alpha versions. Its very new thats why its in its Alphas.

There will be perl versions of Invisionboard. Unlike Ikonboard, they will use gzip.... The Perl versions will not be as feature rich as Ibf.PHP (the one that uses mysql)

Originally posted by Rebel
I wouldn't recommend using any cgi based forums since most hosts put a ban on those. Why? Because it takes up too much resources on a server so if you have a huge cgi forum, it bogs down the server. So if you can't afford vBulletin (or simply don't want to spend $85), I would recommend using Invision Board. :)

For a large forum, vBulletin isn't good either. vBulletin uses much more resources than Invision Board. NeoWin.net has been having many server resource problems and will be converting to Invision Board.

Originally posted by CitruS
For a large forum, vBulletin isn't good either. vBulletin uses much more resources than Invision Board. NeoWin.net has been having many server resource problems and will be converting to Invision Board.

I'm supporting the use of the InvisionBoard, but I'm going to have to still say vBulletin is much better board. Props to Matt on an awesome free board, but there is quite a difference between 1 developer making a board, and a hired team developing a board.

NeoWin.net may have some server problems, but what about the other ungodly amount of vBulletin users out there? You should post that you think vBulletin is not as good as InvisionBoard at www.vbulletin.com. I'm not the vB expert, but I'm sure you'll strike a note with a few expert board gurus there.

Btw, if you want to see an active board....HardForums.com

Just wondering, your the owner of invisionboard?

Originally posted by Rebel

I'm supporting the use of the InvisionBoard, but I'm going to have to still say vBulletin is much better board. Props to Matt on an awesome free board, but there is quite a difference between 1 developer making a board, and a hired team developing a board.

NeoWin.net may have some server problems, but what about the other ungodly amount of vBulletin users out there? You should post that you think vBulletin is not as good as InvisionBoard at www.vbulletin.com. I'm not the vB expert, but I'm sure you'll strike a note with a few expert board gurus there.

Btw, if you want to see an active board....HardForums.com

Multiple Developers has nothing to do with the quality of the board. The only thing vBulletin has over Invision Board is a couple of more features. It has be proven that Invision Board uses less resources and is faster than vBulletin. Ofcourse Invision Board has less hacks, less skins, but its new.

Invision Board beats vBulletin speed and resource wise, and lets see what happens with version 1.1 comes out...

Multiple Developers has nothing to do with the quality of the board. The only thing vBulletin has over Invision Board is a couple of more features. It has be proven that Invision Board uses less resources and is faster than vBulletin. Ofcourse Invision Board has less hacks, less skins, but its new.

Invision Board beats vBulletin speed and resource wise, and lets see what happens with version 1.1 comes out...

Not that it really matters because it won't change my level of support for either board, but where is this proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back