• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Commenting in threads (banned members etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

NLC
NLC
Please do not comment on posts made by banned (or soon to be banned) members. All you do is clog up the thread with more posts that have to be weeded out and removed. The best thing you can do is to ignore the post, report it, and we will remove the single post that needs removal. Danke.

I would ignore it..but you have to see how many racist remarks he said. I, as a humna being, can't let this stand.

I'm asian too dumbass. And your calling the owner of fineclicks or whatever a stupid jew?

Originally posted by Daniel
I would ignore it..but you have to see how many racist remarks he said. I, as a humna being, can't let this stand.
it doesn't matter what is said, please ignore it. You aren't helping when you comment on the posts, and it just gives attention to someone who is in obvious dire need of it. Let it stand, ignore it. We'll remove it, but you need to help us.

Originally posted by trenzterra
do we report his post even if it isn't harrassment?

Yes, anything by him we'll remove, he's burned the bridge so to speak. Just report any post by any username, and we'll remove the username and the posts instantly. The key is that no matter how much dribble is posted, no matter where, members must ignore it as if it were never posted so that this works.

If people comment on the posts then the process takes hours longer, and this isn't needed. So when I say, this is how you can help, I really mean it. It doesn't matter if he has 50 usernames and 300 posts on the forum all over. If there are no other comments, it is easy to get rid of it.

He wants you to comment. Please do not feed the trolls.

Haha. I like your idea. But it's really hard to not tell some ignorant idiot off. I'll try. But no garuntees I'll be able to yell at him.

Doing so only makes more work for us, more to remove, more to pick through. Unless we can ban you and remove all your posts, it simply is just a gigantic pain in the donkey if you reply.

Trolls want to be argued with. They aren't posting anything intelligent, it is just dribble. They may address you by name... ignore it. They may call your mother names... ignore it. They may post racial/ethnic slurs to get attention... ignore it. The key is... (once again) ... report it, ignore it.

Originally posted by Chicken
Please do not comment on posts made by banned (or soon to be banned) members. All you do is clog up the thread with more posts that have to be weeded out and removed. The best thing you can do is to ignore the post, report it, and we will remove the single post that needs removal. Danke.

how do we know who is "soon to be banned"?:confused:

Re: Re: Commenting in threads (banned members etc.)

Originally posted by allanh

how do we know who is "soon to be banned"?:confused:

Find it yet?

<edit> that post got deleted, so I'm assuming the answer is no ;) that's a sure sign that someone is doing their job. I think this time Mandrake is the mod to thank.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Commenting in threads (banned members etc.)

Originally posted by Blank Verse

Find it yet?

<edit> that post got deleted, so I'm assuming the answer is no ;) that's a sure sign that someone is doing their job. I think this time Mandrake is the mod to thank.

Yes... I just got home from work and that's the time that I'm usually online for awhile, working on various websites. :cool2:

Just like to thank everyone for not commenting as it was pretty easy to kill off his posts. Really it saves hours of work when everyone does this and refrains from commenting back and clogging up threads about the dribble. Danke! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back