• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cobalt or Plesk?

Well, no ones like the cobalt cp. It can't do anything, then again neither can plesk. Plesk can't even create a mysql db (not sure about 2.0).

I guess I'd have to say Plesk if I had to pick between the two, although I'm not really a fan of either.

If you want to provide a proffesional service to your users, I would recomend Plesk.

I never said that. I just think ( even though I do no like plesk at all ) that it would provide a more proffesional feel to the web host, and would provide more features. Thats why I would "recommend" plesk over cobalt.

Plesk2 allows to create mySQL dbs & has phpMyAdmin interface integrated. It is a much better one over earlier Plesk versions. Still it lacks few things though.;)

Originally posted by evilhaze
If you want to provide a proffesional service to your users, I would recomend Plesk.

Actually I am not going to "provide" anything :)
I just bought the cheapest plan I could find available on the internet, and they have both colbat and plesk so i wanted to know which would be better for me as a user :)

Thanks for your responses. I will go with plesk !!

Originally posted by Theo

Actually I am not going to "provide" anything :)
I just bought the cheapest plan I could find available on the internet, and they have both colbat and plesk so i wanted to know which would be better for me as a user :)

Thanks for your responses. I will go with plesk !!

Err, you bought a server with both plesk and cobalt installed? Isnt that like, uh, impossible? Am i missing a big piece of the pie here?

Plesk 2.x is really nice compared to the earlier version, much more control in 2.x then the earlier ones that's for sure.

The cobalt CP is horse sh*t compared to Plesk.

Originally posted by evilhaze

Err, you bought a server with both plesk and cobalt installed? Isnt that like, uh, impossible? Am i missing a big piece of the pie here?
Well actually you can install plesk on a raq, but it's not very common and kind of pointless too.

Originally posted by ebird

so Theo,

How is the service there?

Thanks.

So far so good. But its too early to know how good they are. Ask me again in a month :)
In any case for $5 per year that i paid I didn't risk all that much :)

Back