• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CleanPanel Licensing Server Issues

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
Do any of the host's on here use CleanPanel? Have you been experiencing any issues recently?

The reason I mention is that their licensing server appears to be going down recently, leaving our users unable to access cPanel.

It's happened a few times now in the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

We don't use CleanPanel. It seems recurring issue. I've seen few threads on webhostingtalk last years for same issue.

They use the standard WHMCS licensing module, from what I can tell.

Personally, I would never use them (or a similar service) if clients can be locked out of cPanel because you can't connect to their licensing server. What if they have downtime? What if their license database is corrupted or destroyed, etc. Your clients just can't access cPanel?

Wouldn't touch a company like this with a 10 foot pole.

Very good point, we did have a couple of users who couldn't access their cpanel.

We've decided to revert all account's to x3 for now. Not worth the hassle.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I think that's probably the best plan. I've never used these folks, but I've used similar in the past for other things, and if your site can't check in with the WHMCS licensing site for whatever reason, the license will fail.

It`s happening again.

Another support ticket opened from a user, saying "Invalid license key" not happy about this, think it`s time to remove CleanPanel completely.

Sounds like they need a new host! :lol:

That's horrible that they can't keep things up. You can't let your business suffer because of their stupidity.

Back