• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cjb.net desperate for revenue? with ads??

keith

anti-liberal
NLC
ok, i noticed this once, so i tried a few cjb.net user subdomains, and it's popped up every time... i get a full screen ad popping up with a prompt for me to set my homepage to chat.cjb.net? what the hells up with that??

Spaceports and CJB

I do believe and I could be wrong, but I think that spaceports and CJB have been in bed from the get go. Also redirection.net is part of tera-byte which owns spaceports and who know cjb might be tera-byte

I'm lost like all of you.

I thought Steve owned spaceports who also owned cjb who also owned tera-byte.com oh well. lol.

no no no, not some oddball domains that go to the 404.cjb.net page. subdomains that work. if you don't know of any off jand try using the name of a city or something, there are so many cjb users that there's no doubt they have to exhist.

koolguy seems to see it, it asks me to make my homepage chat.cjb.net, then opens up a full screen window with a 468 x 60 ad [in other words, not a full-screen ad, just full-screen pop-up]. i don't really care, just found it kinda weird.

maybe i made the title a little too harsh sounding...

[Edited by keith on 11-23-2000 at 08:05 PM]

I went to a few CJB subdomains that work, and they..work. It's only the 404 pages that popup a full screen, asks me to set CJB as the homepage, and starts up a IRC chat.

I noticed the popup thing the other day except I had no idea it was coming from CJB until I saw the chat screen...

I got the pop-up I can't remember when though :(

It asked if I wanted to make chat.cjb.net my homepage... I replied 'no' and it continued to load.

It was full screen and had a 'Windows like' menubar with a 'minimize, maximize and close' button set in the top right. I clicked it and was rudley taken to clickheretofind.com (maybe allclicks? :()

Amazingly I had to use ALT + F4 on cjb.net, that's just sad, even if it is a 404 error.

They must really need money!

Originally posted by robert

I'm lost like all of you.

I thought Steve owned spaceports who also owned cjb who also owned tera-byte.com oh well. lol.
i'm pretty sure steve owns terra-byte, spaceports, and redirections.net...but i heard that cjb is a separate thing

Back