• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cihost ????

khanh

I plan to host at cihost.com, they offer the hostindex plan that I could use 2.5G of space - $50 setup fee, $180 annual.
I just wonder can I use 2.5G for ftp transfer or not. The files is cartoon files we deliver to our client.

Is it possible ? Someone let me know cihost good or not.

Khanh@canhthuviet.com

What you'll find, is people either really liking them or really hating them. CIHosting is one of the larger hosts out there, and I just feel that bigger isn't always better. If you want more personalized service, a bit faster support, etc., then you'll want a smaller host. But their offerings are large and hard to beat.

I'll just be honest and say that if *I* were looking for hosting, they wouldn't be a my first choice, nor my second, etc. They just promise a whole lot, but I don't think overall they deliver on it.

Let me put it this way:

If you don't need tech support and don't mind an occasional screwup... they are probably what you are looking for.

One of my clients has a site running there, and as long as it's just for doing normal webhosting and not useing any of the special gizmo's, it does fine.

CIhost has been discussed before.

Make sure you read their TOS before signing up with them. Alos asking questions first before you sign up

Good luck

And your requirement is 2.5 gigs of space so that your clients can anonymously FTP into the server and get these files? Can you post your requirements (not sure if I get the first message completely).

I need 600 - 700 Megs or at least 500 Megs to exchange our files. Each project, we give to the clients the different username and they can access only data of that project. So I need about 10 - 20 ftp accounts.

Thanks for yoyr help.

Khanh

You may want to check out http://www.burst.net they offer pretty much what you are looking for. (If your projects include PHP however, I wouldn't use them right now, they somehow got PHP3 broken, and are waiting to upgrade to PHP4 and taking their time on that).

When it's just html and files and such, they are ok, good uptimes, fast... they are hosted at VDI (have a seperate room there). VDI has a pretty solid reputation for their connection stability.

They have a package that offers the space, the bandwidth, and allow you to make your own ftp accounts via the control panel.

Back