• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Chrome loading web pages very slowly or not at all

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Hey everyone,

been a while. Got an issue, with a laptop that I got last week. I formatted the hard drive on it, and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it, and everything went great, like it always does for me.

However, the issue that I am having, and not sure what is causing it, is that Chrome will either load web pages very slowly (like several minutes) or not at all.

I have tried Googling posible reasons for this, and have tried things with plugins, disabling certain settings, etc and NOTHING seems to work. Everything else works 100% great, but this. I even uninstalled and re installed Chrome, and that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Have you checked your internet connection or any firewall settings that is preventing from opening your webpages faster in Chrome. I would say that it is not an OS issue. It is clearly an internet issue or maybe a JAVA plugin issue. Try also updating your JAVA version.

After doing some Google Research, found out that the wifi icon on the keyboard wasn't working properly. It was supposed to be green and instead it was a flicker of orange.

Unfortunately, couldn't try and fix it, as the laptop was installing updates, and something went wrong, and now the laptop wont boot up into windows at all. Just goes past the windows starting screen and then black with the white arrow and nothing.

I put in a new hard drive, and it is doing the same thing, but as I am typing this, it is SLOWLY going to the login screen. I honestly have no idea why it be going so slow. The laptop is not hot at all and it is a NEW hard drive now.

Unfortunately, this is out of my knowledge base, and Google has tons of "solutions" but of course, none of them work.

Okay, so I was able to resolve the whole booting up issue. One of my sticks of ram was bad. So instead of running 6gb, it was trying to run on 2gb.

Ha .... I was just going to blame Microsoft and all of those pesky Windows 7 updates one has to download immediately after installation or starting new, and it turned out to be RAM. I've also got a RAM issue. I've got 8GB RAM and am running on 4GB RAM and learned recently that since I'm on 32 bit (not my doing - I'd asked for 64 and had thought that was what I'd been on), I won't be able to upgrade past 4 GB RAM unless I change to 64 bit, and in order to do that I'll probably have to shut down everything, start from scratch and go through what you must have just gone through with hose eternal never ending Windows 7 updates.. Which are you on George? 32 or 64 bit?

Back