• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheatpark.net version 2.0

Originally posted by cheatpark

What do you mean? By the way its http://www.cheatpark.net and not the other one.

Look at the attachment. See the red line? Thats where the text spans - way too far for my liking!

Also, the tof the pages looks odd - not centered but not exactly aligned with the left OR the layout.

- Aquatix

Attachments

• cheatpark.gif
    cheatpark.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 13
Actually, look at the below attachment, too.

Maybe you could align the text with the red line, running smoothly with the header?

- Aquatix

Attachments

• cheatparknew.gif
    cheatparknew.gif
    10 KB · Views: 16
What if I centred the banner at the top?

It wouldn't look right. The banner would look lost with white space on both sides.

Look at the attachment to see the point I was trying to get across.

- Aquatix

Attachments

• cheatparknew.gif
    cheatparknew.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 13
Ah ha. Maybe that might sort out netscape and opera problems too. We'll see. So the whole site would look better on the left or in the center?

Does it look ok now?

Looks a little better, but the text still strays past the header. Making the graphic longer might help.

BTW - who the hell is hosting you?! Talk about slow!!!

- Aquatix

If you want to post one thing directly after another on of your posts; before anyone else has replied; why don't you use just the one post? Put that "Edit" button to good use, ffs.

Originally posted by Aquatix

Looks a little better, but the text still strays past the header. Making the graphic longer might help.

BTW - who the hell is hosting you?! Talk about slow!!!

- Aquatix
I don't think they are that slow? I use http://www.hostzone.co.uk . What modem do you have? I have ADSL and it seems not a bad speed for me.

Comments:

-What's that Click here for?
-Add more graphics

Speed: 950/1000
Design: 800/1000
Organised: 870/1000
Graphics: 700/1000

Overall(Including Speed): 830/1000, 83%
Overall(Excluding Speed): 790/1000, 79%

Originally posted by trenzterra
Comments:

-What's that Click here for?
-Add more graphics

Speed: 950/1000
Design: 800/1000
Organised: 870/1000
Graphics: 700/1000

Overall(Including Speed): 830/1000, 83%
Overall(Excluding Speed): 790/1000, 79%
Thanks for the comments. The click here on the redirect page is there for a good reason. If the browser they are using does not automatically redirect them then they can click on the link. Its a bit like vbulletin. Why do they have a click here if you are not redirected after your post? I'll work on some graphics. Remember the site is only about 10% complete.

I don't think they are that slow? I use http://www.hostzone.co.uk . What modem do you have? I have ADSL and it seems not a bad speed for me.

I'm on Broadband... not exactly sure why its taking so long to load. I just clicked the link and timed its response. From hitting the link to actually seeing the "Welcome to Cheatpark" screen, it took 14-15 seconds...

Yesterday it took slightly longer. Kinda bizarre since EVERY other site I've been to today have loaded as fast as usual...

- Aquatix

Sorry cheatpark, but I don't like the design you got up now at your site... it is too plain... and the menu looks blocky.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Sorry cheatpark, but I don't like the design you got up now at your site... it is too plain... and the menu looks blocky.
What could I add? I suppose I could add an extra image to make the menu curve off the screen.

But if it was new how would I make the menu not look blocky?

Make it transparent... or the same color as the background you are going to use. It would be better transparent so if you are not happy with the background you can change it without changing the colors of the buttons. I probably would say oval rounded transparent buttons.

Originally posted by Aquatix

I'm on Broadband... not exactly sure why its taking so long to load. I just clicked the link and timed its response. From hitting the link to actually seeing the "Welcome to Cheatpark" screen, it took 14-15 seconds...

Yesterday it took slightly longer. Kinda bizarre since EVERY other site I've been to today have loaded as fast as usual...

- Aquatix
ok. I give in. My host sucks. I sent them a complaint last night with about 7 bad points about their service. The list really sucked and you wouldn't want to know. I'll be moving host a.s.a.p.

Back