• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheapest possible reseller?

Would I be correct to say that Directi's resellerclub is the cheapest domain reseller around?

Barring any temporary discounts, and upfront fees or deposits are irrelevant.

Also, what does it take to get accredited by ICANN to be a first tier domain seller?

Cheers

I suppose I'll have to go with directi then. It's a bit hard competing with big companies like godaddy though, and paypal feels suck =/

Does anyone know if a client in directi's orderbox system has to pay a paypal surcharge for the payment the same way a reseller does? I haven't bought any domains as a client on that system for ages...

I suppose I'll have to go with directi then. It's a bit hard competing with big companies like godaddy though, and paypal feels suck =/

Does anyone know if a client in directi's orderbox system has to pay a paypal surcharge for the payment the same way a reseller does? I haven't bought any domains as a client on that system for ages...

I don't think they do as default, but im quite sure you can enable it.

Directi have powerful reseller api's to help you setup your domain reseller business really easily too .
Regarding their defaulting , i'm not exactly sure .
An email to them can clarify many doubts :)

Yeah with players like name.com and 1and1 , which offer more incentives to end user , it makes directi seem less attractive .
But in reality directi is far better...

Yeah with players like name.com and 1and1 , which offer more incentives to end user , it makes directi seem less attractive .
But in reality directi is far better...

1&1's only true incentive is to suck clients in and then never let them go with all their silly terms, etc. Name.com being the same.

Anyone is better than 1&1 or name, even godaddy :(

But the best registrar has to be namecheap, but not for reselling ;)

The thread on best domain registrar seems to contradict your views Richard :)

Take it from personal experiance. And the experiance of others.

If you mean this thread, thats CHEAP not best. Yes, they are cheap, but there service is totally ----, and they have stupid 3-6 month cancelation policys on all their special offers, and if your even an hour late, you have to pay for another year at about 4 time the price you paid for the first month.

I like namecheap and godaddy(except for all those annoying emails about discounts for purchases over $75...).

Richard you mentioned some issues with name.com, ive recieved a few domains from someone there, should i be transferring to my namecheap when its time to renew?

I like namecheap and godaddy(except for all those annoying emails about discounts for purchases over $75...).

Richard you mentioned some issues with name.com, ive recieved a few domains from someone there, should i be transferring to my namecheap when its time to renew?

Well, it's everyone to their own, i've never liked name, as they messed me around a few times.

Since i've gone with Namecheap, I could not have been happier. All the little problems with other registrars do not seem to be at namecheap, i've used them for over 3 years now, and have over 100 domains with them. Not had a single problem with them as of this time.

Back