• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cheapest, but good serevr?

Whooopps.....

Anyways, you know, just thinking about it, both sites, .com and .net, look similar.

Originally posted by Daniel
Whooopps.....

Anyways, you know, just thinking about it, both sites, .com and .net, look similar.

lol, right, rackshack.com is a vacaction planning site, and rackshack.net is a dedicated server provider. Yea, i guess those are sorta close, lol....

Originally posted by xzx

lol, right, rackshack.com is a vacaction planning site, and rackshack.net is a dedicated server provider. Yea, i guess those are sorta close, lol....

I'm talking about the design.

Yes, but since then they have resolved the issues promptly.

Every host has its problems, but you grade them on how quick and how well they respond to the problem.

Regards,
Invisionz

Originally posted by MN-Robert

I was going to signup with them to trial them, but they have a self signed cert on their order page.

it does not matter who signed the cert or if its unsigned
it doesnt make it any more secure its still encrypted even if unsigned
all the cert does is get rid of the warning message on the browser as a way for cert companies to make money

Originally posted by HostUltra

it does not matter who signed the cert or if its unsigned
it doesnt make it any more secure its still encrypted even if unsigned
all the cert does is get rid of the warning message on the browser as a way for cert companies to make money

Well, one could get a cert from rackshack for $49 (or around $100 at another vendor). Why would anyone want to deal with a company that's too cheap to pay $100 for a stupid cert?? If you ask me, companies using self-signed certs just shows me how cheap they are, and would avoid such a company. Would you submit credit card info to a company that won't pay $100 to avoid the "warning message"?? I'm not sure how the companies deal with signing certs, but I would hope they ask for some sort of document that says "hey, I'm the real blah blah" i.e. a biz licence, phone bill(s), credit card, photo ID etc. Since the connection is secure, the point of the cert is to allow you the user to make a secure connection to the server using a key that says blahblah is blahblah and not bhalbhal. Why do you think they have certs around for?? It they wanted it to be the way you think it should be, they would have made SSL like HTTP, no cert required. If you want photo ID, it'll cost $15. Get it?? :rolleyes:

Back