• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap Web Hosting in the UK

madzimoo

Hi i was wondering if there was any hosts out there with the following:

500mb+ webspace
Very high or unlimited bandwith
CGI-Bin
Pre installed scripts
PHP
FTP
Unlimited subdomains, auto reponders
Mailing lists

For under about £8 per month

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

why ...

Donhost is improving ..they offer good shared hosting accounts :)

They are improving? Am I missing something? They delete accounts from all of the customer feedback I have heard and they still do.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

They are improving? Am I missing something? They delete accounts from all of the customer feedback I have heard and they still do.

They delete accounts which voilate there AUP and/or TOS ... :rolleyes:

And actually they work with resellers and inform them first :)

They delete accounts which voilate there AUP and/or TOS ... :rolleyes:

And actually they work with resellers and inform them first :)

From what I heard they go on deleting sprees of accounts that don't violate the TOS and/or AUP. And when they do this they don't even inform their resellers.

Yupapa... tell us about your experience with them..... he actually used them for a reseller for quite a while...

From what I heard they go on deleting sprees of accounts that don't violate the TOS and/or AUP. And when they do this they don't even inform their resellers.

Yupapa... tell us about your experience with them..... he actually used them for a reseller for quite a while...

Yupapa has had no real problems with donhost ... like i said they are improving .. so his experiences don't matter ...

New Staff New Ideas

New connections :classic2:

Add ... you heard of competitors right .... they like to spread stories .. especially onces which get them .. erm business

Not mentioning any names ... but i'm pretty sure thats one of the motives whereby these "mass account" deletion sprees got around

They are pure gossip :cry2:

Yupapa has had no real problems with donhost ... like i said they are improving .. so his experiences don't matter ...

New Staff New Ideas

New connections :classic2:

Well I dunno... btw do you actually use them?

Well I dunno... btw do you actually use them?

I edited me post to include more info ..

erm .. i don't use them at the moment ...

i have no use for a reseller account .. been there done that .. i got hosting from AWH ... now as yupapa says " i want a big daddy server :devious2: "

Also .. he wants private hosting direct .. he should have no problems ..

But i listed more hosts than just donhost

KDAwebservices is worth a checkout

Same with the other 2 :)

i would have mentioned them ....

but ...

for what he wants .. the onces i listed would be better :)

oneandone is far too epensive :mad:

oneandone is far too epensive :mad:
I don't see how they are too expensive. They seem quite affordable for me. Unless you are comparing it to his budget of £8 per month. But for what you get I think that oneandone would be considered cheap. £16.99 for 40gb bandwidth seems pretty good.

Hosting with Webfusion is like hosting with the grim reaper, You try cancel your account first time and transfer your domain away from them, You will then no what stress is.

Oneandone, Cannot supply you with 40gb bandwidth and i've spoken to people on that have been on that package who got booted for using close to 12gb and they only used html and images, no server intense stuff. Plus they lie, customer service is about as good as a chocolate fireguard.

http://www.kdawebservices.com are excellent value for money and have proven to be the best host i've used in the UK and even come above tera-byte which i thought would be impossible. I host http://www.bantamschat.co.uk with kda and the server im on is awesome, nice and fast. The support is amazing, Sunday night i was setting up my new domain things werent working I spoke with karl and he sorted it. this on a sunday evening at 11:30 is amazing.

Netweaver have a blazing fast network but have VERY VERY rude tech support and they do lie. We had our dns changed to there nameservers for 6 days, the domain didnt resolve said unknown host name, We emailed them 5 minutes after we got a response go figure it comes up and works a dream, fishy eh?

Donhost, They seem to be putting steps in place to improve there service but i'd wait till all these steps are in place till you host there.

Am I right in thinking that kdawebservices.com have servers in the US, not the UK?

If you open it up to companies with servers in the US it opens the choice up considerably.

Gordon

Yes KDA has there servers based in the US, but he never said he wanted the host to have it's network based in the UK he asked for UK hosts.

Sorry
Usually thats what people mean when they say UK Web Host.....

I am not sure what the advantage would be if using a UK host with servers in the US over a US host with servers in the US.
You will have to pay VAT for a start.

Gordon

Well my reason for using KDA is because of the support, I get support during UK hours which for me is better than US hosts. Although KDA provide support at odd times of the night too.

On yourr definition Gordon you would class KDA as a US host?

No.
But most of my UK customers would.

Before we had UK servers it was very difficultto market our services in the UK.

You can see the difference in speed yourself by pinging these URL's

http://www.hostroute.com
http://www.hostroute.co.uk

There is a substantial difference.

Personally I don't think its a huge difference.
More an issue of marketing than anything else.

Gordon

Back