• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CCSLIDE or Instabill?

Well, this may help you decide. I got this letter from ccslide (had an account there that I never used):

Dear CCSlide Client:

Recent developments require that CCSlide.com accelerate the phase out of all new transaction activities effective immediately. This means that you will not be able to execute any new transactions through CCSlide. However, you
will be able to fulfill pending transactions through Monday, November 20, 2000, at 5:00pm. CCSlide.com will meet all its payment obligations related to transactions completed prior to termination based on the Client agreement.

In order to support a quick and reliable transition to a new full service, online payment solution provider, CCSlide.com is pleased to provide you with direct access to Verza/Verotel. Verza is uniquely designed for online sale
of products (shipped merchandise) and Verotel is designed to support online sales of services and subscriptions. Verotel supports sale of all legal online services including adult services.

For quick sign up with Verza or Verotel please click on the link below: http://www.ccslide.com

Sincerely,
CCSlide Customer Support

Now, I guess they still offer something, but I don't know if they were bought, or switched systems, or ??? I always liked instabill better, but maybe they will be offering more features now, or ??? (again).

I took a look on the verotel page and came up with this:

[pre]
TRANSACTION FEES
CREDIT CARDS The total charge depending on each
ticket price

Ticket from $ 3.75 to $ 9.99 19.0%
Ticket from $ 10.00 to $ 19.99 15.0%
Ticket from $ 20.00 to $ 75.00 12.0%

This pretty much seems outrageous to me. Instabill charges 10%. I think this answers your question.

I think ibill.com is a really nice company. I've had great experiances with them so far and they are really secure

ibill

Yes, I used iBill for a few months before I got my own merchant status. It actually integrated pretty well I thought. But like ccSlide or whatever, I think they charged really high percentages.

However, now that I have a merchant account, I still use iBill as my transaction provider because their system integrated nicely. And their transaction processing is just a flat $0.25/transaction, standard industry rate I'm sure.

-Adam

admin@getwebspace.com
Owner, GetWebspace.com

for just transactions, is it just .25 per transaction or .25 per transaction plus a monthly fee?

[Edited by Chris on 12-10-2000 at 06:55 PM]

Instabill is ok. But I dislike that if the customer ask for refund to the customer service, they will always getting the refund without listening to your reasons about they shouldn't be getting refund etc... So beware...

iBill.com , they are reliable :)

Or you can check out my site for other e-payment solutions.

ccslide.com is gone.... and my $600+ they owe me is gone with them...

Good thing we have our own merchant account. ;)

Back