• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can't access to my FTP (Godaddy economy hosting services)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with upload file to my domain (www.masstransitboard.com). After I upload file to FTP (using CuteFTP) for few minutes, The problem occur like this:

STATUS:> Host name masstransitboard.com resolved: ip = 64.202.189.116.
STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server masstransitboard.com:21 (ip = 64.202.189.116)...
ERROR:> Timeout (1000 ms) occurred on receiving server response.
STATUS:> Host name masstransitboard.com resolved: ip = 64.202.189.116.
STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server masstransitboard.com:21 (ip = 64.202.189.116)...

I found this problem with both domain of the services that I rent for. Did anyone using godaddy and found the problem like this? I already change ISP but the problem still occur. Godaddy support also can't help me solve this problem. They said that their services is running fine. However, I did not found this problem last week (Before 23 Nov) it was working very well and I can upload 123 MB file without and interupted. I just found this problem from 23 Nov until now!

Thanks

Ohm Udomvanich
admin@masstransitboard.com

Try using a different FTP program and see if it connects or not, might help in pinpointing to the problem.
Best

MassTransitBoard said:
I already try to use IE, CuteFTP, WS FTP but the error is the same. I really dont know where to start.

Within CuteFTP you might check your settings. Try "checking" passive mode (if its unchecked) and see if you can connect then.

Have you tried accessing your FTP account from a different computer? Also, as 2xhosting said, GoDaddy should be able to help you with the problem...

Hi MassTransitBoard,
It could be because of following problems:
1.some one might have changed your read/write permission or FTP password.
2.May be your FTP configurations allow certain amount of transfer during a 30 day period.
You need to contact Godaddy regarding this.

um, did you know that godaddy was down today? yep a big company like that had about 2 hours of downtime, mabe that was it. woops didnt read your whole post, dont really know whats up with it then :(.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back