• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cannot access FreeWebspace.net

I've had the same problems recently with my ISP. Where are you located and what ISP are you using? Can you include a tracert?

To do a tracert you go to "Start" then "Run" and then put:

tracert freewebspace.net

What happens when you do this?

click start then select run.. type cmd if you're using WinNT/Windows 2000/WinXP or command for Win95/98/ME to open up a "command prompt" (it should be under Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt as well).
When you get that window, type tracert www.freewebspace.net. It should look like:
Tracing route to www.freewebspace.net [66.226.99.33]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
Then just type: tracert www.freewebspace.net >c:\trace.txt and it won't show you anything this time but you'll have a file in your c-drive called trace.txt that you can copy/paste in a post here :).

What it does it show all the routers/computers that are in between yours and the server freewebspace.net is on. Most likely in your case it will start showing three * in a row followed by "Request timed out" somewhere.

You can access this forum via the ip number but not by typing in the domain name freewebspace.net ?

I've had a similar problem during the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just works via the ipnumber. It's very strange. Todd (server admin) had a temporary solution to the problems and I'll send that solution to you via a PM. I'll also send Todd an email about this thread if he has anything to add.

yes...since a couple of days I haven't been able to access this site via freewebspace.net

I'd appreciate any help.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm unable to reproduce this problem in any form and in this case the DNS server is on the same network as the IP address you can access so it doesn't make much sense.

We can try moving the DNS to another system Peo and/or simply mirroring it but without being able to determine the problem I'm not sure if that would even take care of it..

Originally posted by trenzterra
It's usually an ISP problem and should be solved between 1-2 weeks, from my experience...

But this Problem is for ?, I mean did FWS changed Server's, Sponsor,etc ? I'm asking because Maybe they are Hosted at Rackshack and maybe WoWrack propose something (Just guessing).

IP Problems ? :angry2: I don't have any:p I just can't access www.freewebspace.net/forums I just have to delete the www :confused5

Originally posted by MATRIX
But this Problem is for ?, I mean did FWS changed Server's, Sponsor,etc ? I'm asking because Maybe they are Hosted at Rackshack and maybe WoWrack propose something (Just guessing).

IP Problems ? :angry2: I don't have any:p I just can't access www.freewebspace.net/forums I just have to delete the www :confused5
ISP, not IP. Ask your ISP about this problem.

Back