• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Canadian web host

silhouette

I'm presently looking for a basic web host (Canadian) to host my demo reel videos. These videos total <200mb in FLV format. I'd like it to have servers in Canada and a minimum storage starting at 500mb or 1gb storage.

So far, I've stumbled apon:

Netfirms.ca
6.95/mo for one year - comes to 83.40$/year
10 gb space
500 gb monthly bandwidth
specs - http://www.netfirms.ca/web-hosting/web-hosting-compare/

Canadianwebhosting.com
4.95/mo for one year - comes to 59.40$/year
500mb space
10gb bandwidth
specs - http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/standard_hosting.asp

What are your thoughts on these and others?

Edit: I'm open to considering non-contractual hosts if they're cheap and if they even exist. ;-)

Thanks!! :)

Last edited:
If you're going to choose one of the 2, I'd say go with the second one. Based on the pricing of the first choice, they probably won't be very reliable.

Still, do a little shopping, search for reviews on them, etc before you make your final decision.

Hello,

I have two websites with VistaPages.com they are what some call "overselling" however I have had great support with them, and have been selling there colocation and servers for a while now.

Maybe you could consider them..

Hello...
Hamod Hosting can offer you
2GB space
20GB bandwidth
Unlimited features like ftp, email, mysql, etc...
RV Skin, XP Skin, Fantastico deluxe, 14 language include in cPanel10
$4.95/month
$49.5/year (save 2 months)
PM me if interest
see our full package list at hamod.info

You might want to also check on www.tera-byte.com (Steve is the owner) I believe their data center/servers are located in Canada and they've been in business several years. Good Luck.

VPSNow.net would like to offer you the following.

3 Gb space
10 GB transfer
unlimited features
cpanel
$4.95/mo or $54.95/yr

We are a USA based business but our servers are located in Vancouver, BC

Hello, our servers are located in Montreal, QC. We do use peer1 bandwidth and have one of the most stable and fast network around. Right now we are in pre-launch phase and are looking for beta testers to test our services fully before we launch on July 1st.

Latency is very low (under 75ms everywhere in North America).

Here is what we can offer:

3 months free (for beta testers)

3GB Storage Space
50GB Bandwidth
Cpanel 11
Fantastico deluxe
Ruby on Rails
PHP / MySQL

$5.95/month after the firsts 3 months.

If you are interested about this offer, just contact us at support@sharedrack.com

Thanks and have a nice day!

Back