• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

can someone explain a few things to me?

alia

I'd be forever greatful.....

I'm interested in starting a radio station so I need to find a place that will cover the requirements for that. right now I run a site that snaps up all 20GB of bandwidth I'm alotted (it's an mp3 site), so I'm looking for outside sources. I've heard about dedicated servers, but don't know too much. I've also heard that it's possible to turn my computer into a server. I have a pretty fast computer, it's a compaq, 900mgzh, 30GB hard drive, and 128sdram....I also have Cable internet.

Can anyone explain any of these things further?, thank you very much, and I'm sorry for sounding so stupid about this.

thanks,
alia

128sdram is barely enough for a server.

Your cable modem will be MUCH too slow to host MP3 files. I suggest you take a look at dedicated server providers such as www.rackshack.net or www.webreseller.net

Instead of hosting a server on your 12.5KB/S outgoing connection, you will have up to 100megabits for each server ;)

Also a compaq PC is not very good.

Back