• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye-Bye wisdom teeth!

NC_TOM

I can get u banned.
I got my wisdom teeth pulled today.. tons of fun :mad: :angry2: :cry2: :confused2

Well, I got lucky and I only grew 2 wisdom teeth. I don't feel any dumber after getting them out, I actually feel alright because they gave me vicodin or something like that.. Just to let you know normal pain killers don't work on me for some reason, such as Aspirin, Tylenol, etc. Advil does not work worth a crap on me. But this stuff, it starts to wear off, I take another one and I'm back in la-la land in 5 minutes.

Anyway, getting your wisdom teeth pulled is not fun, but so far it isn't as bad as everyone at school said it would be.

Why did you get your wisdom teeth pulled?
I have all 4 of them ... i guess they are there for a reason ....

Wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth, it's the common name for your third molars, the last of the permanent teeth that come in between ages 17 and 21. Most people (in America, anyway) have some or all of their wisdom teeth removed. It can be a simple extraction performed in the dentist office using local anesthesia, or it can be a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia (that's how mine were removed, all of them).

Why did you get your wisdom teeth pulled?
Because they're generally bad news for your mouth. Most often they're removed because your jaw is too small to accommodate them, they often are impacted and can become infected, and because of the cramped quarters they're usually misaligned and can cause damage to the nearby second molars. I'm sure one of these reasons is why NC_TOM had his removed.

For some people, though, they come in fine and don't need to be removed.

Yes .. I know that sometimes they can couse problems ... but in the US it seems you follow a policy like "Just get rid of it anyways"
Not just with teeth, but with some other things also.
Like there is one thing that before I thought only Muslems and Hebrew did, but it seems that its done here also.

Like there is one thing that before I thought only Muslems and Hebrew did, but it seems that its done here also.
Circumcision? That's the only thing medical I can think of that both the Hebrews and the Muslims do. It's not as common as it once was, but it's still very widely practiced here.

I'm lucky, I only grew 2 wisdom teeth (only on the bottom)

Everything went alright.. thank God for Vicodin :rolleyes: :p

I'm actually feeling pretty good unlike what everyone told me. I just can't talk. If I open my mouth too wide, a stabbing pain goes down the sides of my jaw.

It's just hereditary for my family, just like it is for many others. My mom needed 3 of her wisdom teeth removed, and my dad needed all 4 of his. One of his was removed without any pain killer or drugs whatsoever... while he was in France on Military duty. :confused2 :mad: :confused2 :mad: :rolleyes: :p

They gave me a whole bunch of stuff.. I do not remember getting tired, going to sleep, waking up, going to the car, and having my dad drive me home. I'm glad I took their recommendation of not driving myself home since I don't even remember anything from the hour after it happened.. my dad was telling me stuff I did that I didn't even remember AT ALL.

Anyway, I'd recommend that if you're 15-18, you should get your wisdom teeth checked and removed before they become a real problem. Other than not being able to talk to people, as long as you have plenty of pain killer, it's not so bad! This stuff gets you high as a kite too.. :devious2:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I can't feel my tongue, my lips, or anything on or around my lower jaw! This is kinda cool. I could bite my tongue off and I probably wouldn't feel a thing until the stuff wears off tomorrow. This would be a good time to pierce my tongue if I was going to do it myself.. heh heh, never know what I might do when I get bored

Last edited:
I have to get two top ones out... maybe the two other ones, but we will see if they fit in place and not damage my teeth.

My dad had them until he was like 40... don't even ask how bad his teeth are.

NC-TOM. Sounds like you lucked out :p I remember waking up after getting my 4 out and I was puking blood and everything.

Couldn't smoke for a week.... Couldn't drink... BAH!!!!

I lived on Mash potatoes, pudding, and soup.

Just make sure you don't get a dry socket...WORST PAIN!!! I never got one myself but have talked to others who have.

Also, if you are old enough to shave....let your facial hair grow...it will cover up the piss yellow bruises ur gonna get :p

Mekhu

Originally posted by Mekhu
Also, if you are old enough to shave
Hmm... I tend to think he would be. I've been shaving since I was 13, but I'm letting it grow out now.

Oh really? My sister got all four removed at once in Ecuador and she didn't get those bruises. :confused:

Also, my cousin who is a year older than me had them all removed... and he never got any bruises either.

Maybe your dentist screwed up...

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Oh really? My sister got all four removed at once in Ecuador and she didn't get those bruises. :confused:

Also, my cousin who is a year older than me had them all removed... and he never got any bruises either.

Maybe your dentist screwed up...
Maybe its your sister's and cousin's dentist who is screwed up.:D

Originally posted by trenzterra
Maybe its your sister's and cousin's dentist who is screwed up.:D

No. Her teeth were better after.

I don't think he had a real dentist, as phrozen said. I know dozens of people who have had the procedures and there was no problems.

Maybe his dentist wasn't really a dentist afterall.
I didn't experience any of that either, maybe he wasn't :).

I don't remember much of anything that went on. I remember going into the operating room, I remember getting the IV put in and having the heart monitor thingy attached and turned on. Then the anesthesia was administered through the IV and I remember that almost instantly my eyes lost focus and I couldn't clearly see anymore, then a moment or so later the muscles in the eye relaxed and my eyes rolled back and I couldn't see at all.

- SCENE MISSING -

Next thing, I vaguely remember being moved from the operating room to a recovery room.

- SCENE MISSING -

After that I don't remember anything until the next day, when I discovered a strange circular ice pack strapped around my head and a large bottle of vicodin. Though my cheeks were a bit puffy for a couple days, I was otherwise fine and I was back on solid food by the end of the week.

...and that was my wisdom teeth experience :D. Nothing painful, there was no pain at all, except when I accidentally ate something that was too cold or hot and it made my still healing incisions hurt. I think your doctor was a quack, Mekhu.

I'm apparently going to need all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed one day soon... last time I went the dentist said he needed to wait 'till they were grown more (they were just starting to come through then).

I'm so scared.... something like that... PULLING TEETH THAT ARE FIXED IN YOUR MOUTH... has gotta be BAD!

BAD I TELL YOU!

I remember getting the IV, and then I think the gas knocked me out in less than 10 seconds.. next thing I remember, I was lying on my couch at home under a blanket, watching tv.. and I vaguely remember going to the couch and my stepmom giving me a blanket.. but I don't remember anything else

Originally posted by NC_TOM
I got my wisdom teeth pulled today.. tons of fun :mad: :angry2: :cry2: :confused2

Well, I got lucky and I only grew 2 wisdom teeth. I don't feel any dumber after getting them out, I actually feel alright because they gave me vicodin or something like that.. Just to let you know normal pain killers don't work on me for some reason, such as Aspirin, Tylenol, etc. Advil does not work worth a crap on me. But this stuff, it starts to wear off, I take another one and I'm back in la-la land in 5 minutes.

Anyway, getting your wisdom teeth pulled is not fun, but so far it isn't as bad as everyone at school said it would be.

Wanna hear something freaky? I got mine pulled on 10-19-01 too! AGGGGHHHH!! I think its an epidemic! Hey was/is your lower lip and jaw still numb? Mine is and it feels weird! :confused2

Originally posted by Toefur
I'm apparently going to need all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed one day soon... last time I went the dentist said he needed to wait 'till they were grown more (they were just starting to come through then).

I'm so scared.... something like that... PULLING TEETH THAT ARE FIXED IN YOUR MOUTH... has gotta be BAD!

BAD I TELL YOU!

Hey dude dont be scared. Its really weird if they do you like they did me. First off they numb your hand and stick an IV in that you dont feel. Then they'll inject and Anti-Anziety fluid that calms you down, they also hook you up to oxygen. The they give you another suppressor and you start to fade off and next thing you know your waking up and their like "Your all done" and your like "Blah blah blah cant move tounge" cuz your whole jaw is numb. NE way I hope they do you like they did me, cuz it was soooo much easyer than I though it would be.

Back