• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye Bye Trexhost.com

Because he's misused the Trexhost DB to mail to 'their' clients, that's just one of the points. You really need to read the whole thread and other linked threads before putting your head on the chopping block.

Would you trust them after that?

Their behaviour is unforgivable due to the underhand nature, the reason why so many people became very upset at them as they are the pits of the hosting industry due this.
Like I said, I don't see anything wrong with that. Michael was Vice and to be honest why can't he use the Trex DB to post about his new business? Just a different form of advertising. I have read the whole thread. Like I said above, everyone is just following each other.

What privacy statement do you run under with your clients information then? We promise to use it in whatever fashion any employee feels like doing at the time. (see bit in bold - not company owner, employee)

It's not a form of advertising it's data theft, and then abuse of stolen data.

If you don't already know that then you should not be advertising yourself as a host.

What privacy statement do you run under with your clients information then? We promise to use it in whatever fashion any employee feels like doing at the time. (see bit in bold - not company owner, employee)

It's not a form of advertising it's data theft, and then abuse of stolen data.

If you don't already know that then you should not be advertising yourself as a host.
It's not as if Michael him self is a 3rd party though is it. He is using the email as a chance to inform the users in what's happening. It's not really data steal as the email themselves were sent of that server and he's still Vice. Well until it closed anyway.

:lol: Jan, wouldn't be the first time that had been done!

Jonny, sorry but vp or not still an employee with no rights under the clients privacy rights to remove the list and use it to promote a business that was not directly supplied with permission to use it - that's where they really screwed up to start with.

:lol: Jan, wouldn't be the first time that had been done!

Jonny, sorry but vp or not still an employee with no rights under the clients privacy rights to remove the list and use it to promote a business that was not directly supplied with permission to use it - that's where they really screwed up to start with.
I see where your coming from and it may be a bit cheeky, but since risingwebworks.com aren't actually using the DB, I don't think it's invalid. Meh.

They used it don't kid yourself, otherwise how did the Trexhost customer base get their e-mails.

Jonny, it would be just like me e-mailing all CompleteVPS Clients to inform them of new services at Deise Host.

1. It's invasion of Privacy
2. It's a violation of the CVPS Privacy Policy
3. It's Spamming

Back