• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

build a laptop?

OMFG I misread a post. Oh my dear, i made a mistake, is that such a bad thing? Can you guys just stfu now?

your calling him a kid hah look at urself and what your typing... Someone please lock this post or something. Thanks.

Building from a barebone is as close as you get. The problem is most barebones already come with a certain mobo/graphics card/monitor/case combo, so the only things you can really put in yourself are processor, RAM, and hard drive. Not much options for customization there.

Jan said:
Why do gift and rosmatis have the same IPs?
OFF TOPIC: haha, that would be very interesting, maybe a split personality?

ON TOPIC: yah, i dont see a real point to building your own laptop, it probably wouldnt be that cheap either, in comparison.

I know ASUS makes soem Laptop barebones. Come with case, mobo, and integrated Nvidia Go gfx (I think the biggest one has the 7900go chipset). So all you get to do is put in the proc (I used an Intel Core Duo T2400), ram (Corsair 667mhz DDR2 memory), and hard drive (Seagate 160GB 5400rpm IDE drive). Came out nice, and runs cooler than most laptops...price was near the same as a normal laptop. I was relieved to not get all that darn company software like Dell "help and support" (yeah when did Dell ever support what the sell) or HP "Media Center" or "All-in-one Control Center". All that useless garbage is non-existent.

OMFG I misread a post. Oh my dear, i made a mistake, is that such a bad thing? Can you guys just stfu now?

your calling him a kid hah look at urself and what your typing... Someone please lock this post or something. Thanks.

Both of you shut it :)

I've heard of people building their own laptops. In principle, I htink it could be done just the same as PC building/modding. Problem is, laptop hardware is generally more expensive than PC hardware.

Wow thanks you guys I'll definately look at all these sites and stuff and try to put it together. Of course I'll post my progress and whatnot here. It seems like even if it was expensive it would be pretty cool to do!

EDIT: on a side note- wow i've never started such a big topic! This one has arguments and everything! A mod even visited!

Last edited:
wow what a topic this has got into it, logically it is possible however it will be difficult to find the right parts, have a look around ebay, usually on laptops the motherboard comes with the onbuilt graphics due to the size of the laptop naturally. You can always google it or ask manufacturers such as Asus and ATI or nVidia depending on who you like best. when you have been sent a few brochures you could perhaps check on ebay for those parts, again back to the point companies who are not well known do build there own laptops and im sure they arn't there in there little lab making the motherboards for each one, so yes its possible, however it will be hard.

I am also a computer technician but let me know how it goes as I am curios to see the outset of your project. :)

Back