• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Browser Compatibility?

kelbel

Hi

I am in the middle of designing my website and am having problems with browser sizes. For instance, on my computer, certain websites have a fair amount of white space left on the right side, while others fill the screen. When I test it on my other computer the same pages that have white space fill the screen, but so do the others that fill the other computer's screen, but still they don't go over my browser's width compatibility.

I have no idea if I am making sense, but basically my question is, how do you make your website compatible, width-wise, across numerous browser formats?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Kelly

Seems to me like you have 2 choices:

1. Use percentage widths (ie width="100%")
2. Use a fixed width (ie width="500") and have it centered so it looks similar thoughout multiple platforms and browsers.

What is happening is because of the different screen resolutions and not because of the different browsers. The majority of websites are designed for 800x600 resolution. :)

Back