• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bravenet & Google Adsense for Domains

SwandaG

I have been searching ALL morning for an answer to this question, and I'm getting more than a little frustrated..so I'm hoping someone here can help me (I've even tried opening a bravenet support ticket, but while all the information they require is entered, the ticket encounters an error every time i try to submit)

My problem is this, I'm trying to set up Google Adsense for two parked Domains I have registered with Bravenet (i'm already a Google Adsense user), and when I try to create a new A record for these domains, I seem to run into trouble. Google wants me to set the host name/Alias as '@', and every time I try, I get an error message telling me it's invalid. Is it not possible to set up my parked domain for use with Google Adsense for Domains, while having my domains registered with Bravenet??

I was able to create a new CNAME (alias) record, but I can't seem to input the information google provides for the A record, because it's apparently 'invalid'. How can I fix this??

Does anyone else use Google Adsense for Domains, with their parked bravenet domains???

It sounds to me like a definite limitation in the Bravenet system. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell without being able to get in touch with them. Did you try posting on their Website Hosting Forum (link here: http://www.bravenet.com/help/ )?

It looks like you could reach them via email at graham [at] bravenet.com. And their phone number is 250-954-3203.

I guess with their ticket system down, those are the only ways to get support right now.

Best of luck! :)

Back