• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Boycott Streamlined Sales Tax

Chris L.

I want to boycott Streamlined Sales Tax. Streamlined Sales Tax Sucks!
This is the first step in the initiative to make us all pay sales tax online. Washington will be implementing this because of the Substitute Senate Bill 5089. It takes effect July 1, 2008. So I am proposing that all Washington State businesses close for business on July 1, 2008 (not going to happen). So, alternatively, I am proposing that no one buy from Washington. I, for one, like my tax free online purchases. I don't want to have to buy from Canada to continue purchasing tax free.
Am I an idiot, or do you guys agree with me?
Christopher Lewis

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - you're asking people to avoid purchasing from your business on 1 July 2008? Why not write to your representatives instead?

Ur an idiot.

Well, I speak for myself - but the taxation rules should be equal for traditional retail and online, otherwise you can't compete with online prices.

Last edited:
I own a business, however I am not 18. I don't have voting rights so my representatives won't listen to me.
And Meksilon, I love you too!
Chris

Why shouldn't US based businesses with a website be taxed? :s

Wasn't aware that they weren't.

I own a business, however I am not 18. I don't have voting rights so my representatives won't listen to me.
Chris

Why do your representatives have to know how old you are? They don't give a f---. You're a citizen in their jurisdiction. f------ write them and get folks you know to do the same. Don't whine about how they won't listen to you until after you've tried - and then, whine only if they really don't listen.

Chris

Email them and pretend you're forty.

Then again, you just pose as an under 18 female and get better results. Gotta love America!

US online purchases were tax-free ?

Always paid VAT over here (France, at french online stores) as far as I remember :D

And even if buying abroad where there are no such taxes applied you have to pay them as the stuff enters the country, though many are probably skirting that, especially with those imbecilic "everyone's a pirate let's tax them" fees they're now leveraging on all data storage units from blank CDs to USB keys.

i tax anyone in the state of AZ, but, not other states. :S would this make me have to tax everyone?

^^ MCT, yes, if the buyer was in a state participating in the SSTP, you would have to also charge them a sales tax.

The state makes money of sales taxes. If you weren't paying it during sales, you'd pay it in your state taxes.....

Theres only three things certain in life... death, as*holes, and taxes.

Back