• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bots are ruining the forum.

AboutWeb

Bots are ruining the forum. It's time for mods to take action against them. Read SiberForum posts. He just bumped an old thread of mine, started with his generic replies like "contact your host", etc. and etc.

I highly agree. I've mentioned this several times before. I have reported these bot posts over and over and over. Sometimes they're deleted, sometimes not.

deeplist, we appreciate the posts you've reported to us. And others who have reported suspicious posts. Most of the reports about this we agree and those posts have been removed. The members have received several infractions. If you don't listen to the warnings, eventually that will get you banned (it's set at 10 points and explained in more detail on the rules page).

Again, thanks for reporting abuse to us.

Yup. I've also reported some of them - it's getting ridiculous that they are allowed to continue. I know that infractions will eventually ban them but I think it's gone on long enough. If you know they are bots why not just outright ban them? Not that I'm questioning you or anything.

I do agree it's annoying. It's a relatively new phenomenon so we may not have acted quickly enough. It's happening with long time member accounts who have posted thousands of real messages in the past which is confusing. They are responding to pm and sometimes participate in real discussions too. And with some of them english is not their first language. All this adds to the confusion.

I've decided to increase points for any new suspected bot behaviour infractions. For most of those it should be a ban with their next infraction.

Back