• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

border gone - now I've got a gap! help!

This coming from a guy who's 3 websites under his name look like they were done by amateurs...oh no wait, that's you!

I asked for some help, not some moron to get on their high horse. Why do you bother posting at all?

I've been coding HTML on and off for the last 5 years. It just so happens I haven't done html much in a few months, and I'm a bit rusty. I came to this site because the majority of the posters are very helpfull and friendly - but then there's always an exception to the rule.

Is there anyone out there who reads this, who can help me?

aLeX

----------------
http://www.globetrotted.co.uk - it may not be finished, but it's a hell of a lot better than you could ever do drunkmule!

The page only works in 1024*768 resolution. You need to use an absolute width for the left side (probably 170, the width of the graphic), not a percent.

Thanks...I just noticed that when i reduced the size of the browser, the gap dissapeared...that'll be why then!

Thanks again!

aLeX

Alex, you haven't been coding html for 5 years, don't lie to everyone. And Yes I am an amateur, thats why I do my websites for fun. I make websites and I do a good job. I also don't steal my designs from other people, make poor graphics or even steal other people's cgi scripts.

How many times have to you a great idea only to ditch in the next day? About 20.

20-15=5

Errr....I'm 20 years old. I first learnt about html when I was 15.....that would be 5 years.

Look, I'm sure you do web pages for fun. I'm sure you don't steal your designs from other people. However, when I post on here for help, and I get the half-witted response "Obiously you messed something up. Maybe because you're bad at html", coming from some high school kid, I don't get best pleased. I'm sure if you posted on here for some friendly advice, and you got a response like that, you wouldn't be too pleased either.

aLeX

"How many times have to you a great idea only to ditch in the next day? About 20." - what does that mean exactly?

Well, if you're happy to get responses like that to people's posts then fair enough. Personally, I like the more friendly and helpful ones.

hey drunk mule, don't dump on someone else's efforts when your own suck as well.

don't try to play off your inept html coding as "i do my websites for fun" when you say right on your website you do them for profit. that shows you're striving toward some sort of professionalism, and whatever type that may be, you sure as hell haven't found it.

[Edited by keith on 02-15-2001 at 07:18 PM]

Be nice to eachother

Hey guys,

I've been building websites for fun for the last five years...
You can see a list of the stuff I've done at http://www.planetitchy.com/
I don't do these sites for profit, but for fun...

I often get compliments but never let it get to my head...
Why would I? With the time I put into things, I had better be good...

One thing I did learn is to NEVER EVER belittle someone else's efforts (unless they rip off your site and pass it off as their own, which has happened to me a few times)...

Rather than make fun of people, you should help and encourage them... It's much more rewarding. :)

We were all beginners at one point or another, and I personally will never forget my very first homepage... In retrospect, it was a piece of crap... But I sure was proud of it at the time... ;)

I'm starting to babble...

Back