• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blast from the Past

I remember those days. My first provider was homestead and the first site I did was a graphic laden wysiwyg site. Hell if I can remember what I was given for space back then. I remember when I wanted to host my own forum for a Romance of the Three Kingdoms website, there was 2 major ones back then: 3kingdoms.net and sanguo-online.com. I got paid hosting as there wasnt any ad-free php hosting that I knew of then and became a big player in that genre before I had to give up the paid hosting and didnt know how to transfer the database to a free host.

Since then I have dibbled in a few hosts such as brinkster, sphosting, titaniumhosting, zoomcities, and namepad (current preferred main host for personal projects and highly recommended). Some went out of biz, some are now paid only, others I have had problems with and wouldnt recommend to anyone. I was one person that felt I needed mega space and transfer (back then I had hosted a couple downloads, which now I know is not respectable in hosting), probably a main reason I had bounced from host to host. Now I know pretty much what I need and what I feel I need for growth on main projects (which is lower then the 'standard' of hosting offers). Too bad most people do not realize that bigger is not always better in webhosting.

I have dibbled in a few hosts such as brinkster, sphosting, titaniumhosting, zoomcities, and namepad

I used Brinkster for some time also. They were the only place that I knew of back then that offered free asp hosting. They were one of the good ones before going paid only.

Holy ----, I used brinkster too.

Damn I used a lot of free hosts.

The best free host I ever had is when bigperm let me use some of his paid space.

Back