• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Big Day Out is gonna be huge

Kaliber

Kaliber
NLC
Well, I don't know if you guys have heard of the big day out bit I am going and its gonna be huge. Here is some of the talent playing :)

Metallica
The Strokes
The Hoodoo Gurus (Aus. Only)
Muse
The Dandy Warhols
The Darkness
The Flaming Lips
Jet (Aus. Only)
Magic Dirt (Aus. Only)
Something For Kate
The Mars Volta
Basement Jaxx
DJ Afrika Bambaataa
The Datsuns
Kings of Leon
Peaches
Black Eyed Peas
Aphex Twin
Luke Vibert
Gerling
Lostprophets
Salmonella Dub
Thursday
David Holmes
The MINISCULE OF SOUND (Syd and Melb only)
Trey
Audio Bullys
Felix da House Cat
Poison the Well
King Kapisi
P-Money and Scribe
The Butterfly Effect (Aus. Only)
Downsyde (Aus. Only)
Friendly (Aus Only)
Scribe
The Sleepy Jackson (Aus Only)
Blood Duster (Aus Only)
PNAU (Aus Only)
Pee Wee Ferris (Aus Only)
Skulker (Aus Only)
Sonicanimation (Aus Only)
1200 Techniques (Aus Only)
BLINDSPOTT (NZ Only)
CONCORD DAWN (NZ Only)
DJ PHILIPPA (NZ Only)
ELEMENO P (NZ Only)
Goodshirt (NZ Only)
MAREKO feat. DECEPTIKONZ (NZ Only)
THE MINT CHICKS (NZ Only)
The D4 (NZ Only)

Did you forgot the King of the ***king Darkness ? :biggrin2:

I love their Show :bandit2:

I don't see a single punk-rock group on that list!
Totally unexcusable if you ask me.

However 'The Flaming Lips' kick serious ---, and 'The Darkness' are pretty decent.

Wow...that's huge, and I wanna go. Some bitchin' bands, and if nothing else, I can throw shit at Metallica.

Also, the D4 is pretty bitchin', and don't get enough credit for being a good band. But most of the acts there are pretty good. That's a nice and somewhat diverse lineup.

Bands i Have Heard Of:

Metallica
Muse
Jet (Aus. Only)
Something For Kate
Basement Jaxx
Black Eyed Peas
The Butterfly Effect (Aus. Only)
Sonicanimation (Aus Only)
1200 Techniques (Aus Only)

Ouch...not even Metallica? You must be a youngin...you'll learn. As for me, since there really isn't much other point for this post, I've heard of 11 of them.

Wojtek has heard/read those names before:

Metallica
Basement Jaxx
Black Eyed Peas
Felix da House Cat

Originally posted by Canuckkev
You must be a youngin...

I'm a youngin', but I know Metallica, they ruined my first p2p experience :coolmusic :crying5: :cow2: :p

j/k :chinese2:

For mine, this is the worst BDO line-up, I was all excited to go, but saw the list and I can say there is not one band there I want to see, even if I got a free ticket!

Well I have not heard of some, so it will be interesting to hear some new stuff. However Metallica is the big drawcard, possibly the last time they will be playing in my city.

I can't believe you guys have not heard of more. Obviously the big ones such as Metallica and Black Eyes Peas. Heaps of australian bands are playing, perhaps that is why you have never heard of many. There are some kickin DJs there. People like Basement Jaxx, DJ Afrika Bambaataa, Sonicanimation and The Apexi Twins would be well, well worth a look at.

Well, its a pretty loaded list in my mind and for $100 not bad :)

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Ouch...not even Metallica? You must be a youngin...you'll learn. As for me, since there really isn't much other point for this post, I've heard of 11 of them.

maybe i have heard of metallica...but that would be all else...

Actually, yeah, I'm surprised so many of you don't know who Metallica is...even if you're not as old as all of us who remember they're music from way back (Searchin'....Seek and DESTROY!!!...sorry), you must at least remember them as the band that took down Napster.

Back