• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beware of Servstra / Hostworkz

Premium Domains

I own freeresellers.com - A free reseller hosting forum.

My personal experience with Servstra has been horrible! I had bought a Dedicated server from them hosted at LT. I paid them $235/ month for the Dual Xeon's and also bought their additional Security package at $84.

My server has since been crashing repeatedly. I have had over 5 server reboots in the last week alone. I have had less than 80% uptime against their so called 99.99% uptime 'guarantee'. They have swapped my server chassis twice till now, but their Support guys are still unable to find why my server keeps on crashing. Their Support is absolutely inefficient and is outsourced to an Indian company.

Servstra's CTO - Chris Johnson, who I have been in touch with during this entire episode, is not prepared to refund my money inspite of knowing what is happening citing his so called 'Service Agreement'.

Their SLA mentions that they will give 1 day of free hosting for every 1 hour
of downtime. By that yardstick they would have to give me 1 YEAR of free
hosting by now considering my server downtime!

All in all, I would advise everybody - Stay away from Servstra / Hostworkz!

Premium Domains said:

My personal experience with Servstra has been horrible! I had bought a Dedicated server from them hosted at LT. I paid them $235/ month for the Dual Xeon's and also bought their additional Security package at $84.

My server has since been crashing repeatedly. I have had over 5 server reboots in the last week alone. I have had less than 80% uptime against their so called 99.99% uptime 'guarantee'. They have swapped my server chassis twice till now, but their Support guys are still unable to find why my server keeps on crashing. Their Support is absolutely inefficient and is outsourced to an Indian company.

Servstra's CTO - Chris Johnson, who I have been in touch with during this entire episode, is not prepared to refund my money inspite of knowing what is happening citing his so called 'Service Agreement'.

Did you happen to read their TOS before signing up with them for a dedicated server? Also did you go through their SLA if applicable? I understand about the downtime, and you obviously upset about that (as anyone really would be). However, was the network down? If not, and they have an SLA to protect them from that, than sadly enough there is nothing that can be done. As far as the refund goes, look in their TOS it should state their policy on refunds for dedicated servers, I know that most dedicated providers have a very strict policy on refunds for dedicated servers (most it's out of the question)

Let me guess, you have an AMD? I am not surprised at any servers at LT crashing becuse we had 2 AMDs with LT and our episode is completely identical to yours except the reseller part.

For your information, our servers crashed within 7 days from date of lease without us having done anything except setup the necessary config under WHM. the best part is, we only have a SINGLE domain which was parked for the purpose of testing the server and the PVs per day was ZERO!

I would NEVER recommend anyone going for any dedi at LT, especially AMDs.

Sorry I cannot edit my post, additionally, I was quite curious as to why your site was down today.

If you need any assistance to temp locate your site on another server, feel free to PM me in our forum.

Premium Domains said:

I did use a server from Servstra a while back, didn't have problems.

As for LT, even with their prices, they are providing reliable, qaulity servers. Not the best you can get but it's better than most for sure.

It's too bad some so called reliable providers, don't evne hit the bar of web hosting quality these days. I hope you have luck in the future though!

Regards,

-Mark

Premium Domains said:
Their Support is absolutely inefficient and is outsourced to an Indian company.

:shame:
Outsourcing doesn't mean your problems solved, unless you outsource on proper terms.How good is outsourcing if they don't pay funds or pay them as per ticket or for limited access ? You don't know who is managing it, you don't know on what terms are they managing it ? If Serva.. are clever enough to save pennies there as well, it doesn't blame any Indian or related company, its Serva.. to be blamed for.

Growup kid ! You just have a site/forum to run on dedi, and what you miss out is how these cheapsters manage cheaper services.

They do outsource but have their own men heading all and outsourced companies not always have full control, they have hands tied besides why would they do something they are not paid for ?

Would be pleasant to see you giving good comments for anyone, you face problems, you start hitting in forums with all those stupid facts .

I don't pay damn to what your provider is, just don't mention my country in derogatory terms here.

:shame: :shame:

Last edited:
nishant said:
:shame:

I don't pay damn to what your provider is, just don't mention my country in derogatory terms here.

:shame: :shame:

I agree keep your problems to your self and blame the company to their face if you like but dragging some country into the issue(blaming them for the problem) and trying to degrade that countries image is not ethical.

I don't think he really understands what outsourcing is. In addition, it doesn't matter if people on Pluto (hehe) were doing the outsourcing, its not the support you are concerned with. It seems that you have not read the TOS very well, and their SLA. I don't think the $1 promotion applies to dedicated servers anyway. Most dedicated boxes are on a higher level SLA, then shared plan. You should look in to this deeper. Furthermore, I would also suggest looking up the term Outsourcing, and how it benefits the company in serveral ways, including overhead costs.

Well thats the root cause.

They see cheaper ones and jump to it, never really bothering abt TOS, Rules and finding abt host background.

If its cheap, they are happy, but when same cheap gives problem, they register in forum and blab alot only to reflect it clear.

Half Knowledge is ALWAYS dangerous.

And thats what is the problem of his concerns here.

Servstra seems to have had a busy week or two from what I gather. I guess the demand has been high and they have been unable to provide the once thought excellent service

Back