• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best, simplest way to display and sell my photography on-line?

ian

Hi all.

I've always loved taking nature photos. I post a few on facebook and sell a few at craft shows. I mostly love capturing the image regardless if I make money or not. But now I'm hopeful and thinking if I can make a few dollars doing something I love, even better. When Amazons handmade site began for crafters and artists to list their items I was excited. But been too busy to really put time into getting it going. Now I'm motivated and figuring it out and really like it but in a few months amazon will start charging 39.99 a month to list in their handmade category. I haven't sold anything yet so that would be too much for me. But I would like a place to display my photos inexpensively and not have to worry too much whether they sell or not.

I found a really good priced host that offers wordpress and wondering if I'd be able to use wordpress to display my photos the way I want and also offer them for sale? This is how my images look on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/shops/A1BJWN16OJX69H I like the simple look of several photos being displayed but hoping with wordpress to be able to add more of a profile and hopefully a store and maybe categories and a blog but still keep it simple and elegant. Sorry for the long explanation. Is wordpress the way for me to go? Are there better options? Appreciate the help and suggestions. Thank you, Ian

Back