• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Registrar

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
With the recent price jumps at Yahoo and a lot of reports about poor customer service @ GoDaddy, I gotta ask, what is the best registrar?

Notice I didn't say cheap, but best. I'd much rather pay a bit more and get good service. Domains are one thing I have never been consistent about, everytime I buy one, I use a different company and have never found one that was 100% an "enjoyable" experience. Registerfly, Ev1Servers, Yahoo Domains, Godaddy, Network Solutions (I didnt pay!), all bad in one way or another.

Indeed, not GoDaddy. I am involved in quite an interesting legal dispute with them right now. I can't say anything else until it is resolved, but I will be sure to make a detailed post about it once it is.

Anyway, stay very far away from GoDaddy.

So far, Namecheap has seemed the best to me. eNom would be my second pick.

Indeed, not GoDaddy. I am involved in quite an interesting legal dispute with them right now. I can't say anything else until it is resolved, but I will be sure to make a detailed post about it once it is.

Anyway, stay very far away from GoDaddy.

So far, Namecheap has seemed the best to me. eNom would be my second pick.

What did they do to you or what did you do to them?

I can't say anything else until it is resolved, but I will be sure to make a detailed post about it once it is.

He can't say, legal matter at the moment.

I like namecheap, Matt.

Most domains work instantly, setup is fast, quick payment, and easy going support.

I have about 12 domains with them now.

I've used GoDaddy for years, and I've never had problems. they do reply in the time that they say they will, with their size it's reasonable that it takes a few hours to reply.

I agree with Dynadot, I got a domain there, works fast and care free :)

Hi,
I'm Gerry at Network Solutions. I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with us, would love to get your feedback on the situation. We are always striving to improve our customers experiences.

Also if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

You can contact me at GRosso[at] networksolutions.com

I use Godaddy, but I hate their shopping cart process - they force you to buy million things with your domain purchase...

I also use Namecheap and Dynadot.

Hi,
I'm Gerry at Network Solutions. I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with us, would love to get your feedback on the situation. We are always striving to improve our customers experiences.

Also if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

You can contact me at GRosso[at] networksolutions.com

The following thread and the threads linked within it should tell you ;)

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2206335

For some reason I must be on GoDaddy's good side as they are great to me :) I use them for most of my registrations and have never had a problem.

Although, I will say that I have taken a recent liking to Namecheap, especially with the free SSL and WHOIS Guard with every registration ;)

I use http://www.domainsite.com
Cheap domains, and fast propagation. :) Plus 50 cents for whois privacy on their already cheap prices. As well as free Google apps for every domain.
My domain propagation changes occur within 10 minutes, usually. Sometimes like 30, but still less than a day at least, lol.

Ditto on Namecheap.com - I have 11 domains with them and I've used them for years. They used to be an Enom reseller but they've recently gotten ICANN accreditation.

I think Namecheap has my next domain, no question about it. I did some more reading online and everybody recommends it highly, and with all the recommendations here, I think they got my money ;) Thanks guys.

Back