• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

best program for burning movies

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Does anyone know a good program to use to burn movies to dvd r cds?

I have tried ashampoo, but it keeps tell me to insert cd r's that have over 1gb of space on them, which none do, only dvd r's and rw's.

I have tried using nero and it does the same thing.

I tried to use dvd flick for one movie last night and it worked, but I just used it and windows media player to burn another movie, and it plays fine on the pc, but won't play at all on the tv. Any suggestions?

I had a program before that did all of this, and even showed you the movie while it was burning it, and it worked great, but unfortunately, my pc got friend, and I don't remember the program.

ImgBurn burns anything, never had it fail on me yet. But I don't know how well it burns DVDs because I haven't tried.

ImgBurn burns anything, never had it fail on me yet. But I don't know how well it burns DVDs because I haven't tried.

Unfortunately it didnt give an option for movies. Only for files. Not a bad program though. Will come in handy at some point.

Anyone else?

Not sure this is quite what your looking for, but I have been using 1CLICK DVD COPY for about 3 years now and it has never let me down. It will automatically compress the video to fit on the DVD. You can copy from HD or another drive.

The Company also makes Convert Video to DVD if this is what you need instead.

Last edited:
I second the motion for ImgBurn, simple with no bs to getting something done. DvdFab is another good one for other projects.

ConvertX to DVD hand's down....I have tried about every option and never found an easier solution.

ConvertX to DVD hand's down....I have tried about every option and never found an easier solution.

Yeah, if you mean you want to burn an .avi so it works on a standard dvd player... ConvertXtoDVD is what you want. It's basically 3 clicks and you're done, can't go wrong.

I've always found Nero to be one of the best. Seems to just automatically take care of all kinds of settings to just work.

I like Nero myself, but it keeps telling me to insert a CD RW that is 1gb or more in size, and I even went to the store and no CD RWs do that. The highest one(s) I found was 700MB

I found Img burn very useful too .
Besides , I've used Nero and many others .
My personal favourite till date has been Sonic Record Now .
It came built into my sony vaio notebook .

Search for it on google and maybe get an evaluation copy , I personally loved it .

You have to choose to burn dvd, not cd and for bigger files choose to burn -udf-.
That should work in any burning software.
If you are using XP than Nero 6.6.0.3 is best!
Unstable on Vista or 7

Back