• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best online store for buying hardware?

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Well I know about price watch, but I really don't like how most of the stores are yahoo stores and the prices a lot of times aren't the same as they are advertised, where do you all like to shop?

I really like tigerdirect and gogocity
reccomendations please?

What about for wireless networking, that is going to be my next big purchase so it would be cool to know where the best prices are for that

Like I said b4 Linksys is the way to go it may cost more but you get what u pay for. Linksys is easy to setup. And I think you will be happy with linksys hardware

tigerdirect.com is also good

ebay is a good source for networking things

Last edited:
OOOHHH fry's I go there every now and then, it is literally like the biggest computer store in the world! The fry's I went to was like 3x bigger than a cosco, or wal mart.

there are always large computer shows in panomia california so if ur close check em out i will try to get the next date for u

Did you mean Pomona? I went to a comp show there once, but I go to the Fresno Computer shows which are about 30min-45min away

The only thing that I am not to sure about is, I don't necessarily want to buy a motherboard that is stacked in a pile of 1000 other motherboards in a box, even if it is in a static baggy.

One time I had a solder break in my old motherboard and had to buy a new one just because the idiot that put it together originally (I got it used) didn't bet a screw to support the motherboard in the middle and when I installed my recording sound card I pushed in a little hard (as normail) and I here a snap and a little piece of metal fell off, So why would I trust a bunch of guys that probably toss these things around?

I have to admit, while I've always wanted to go to the computer shows, I'm a bit aprehensive about buying something off a table from some random fellow. I fear that by trying to save a few bucks, I'll end up having the buy the thing elsewhere, and end up spending more.

The only thing about Fry's I don't like is that they do have some crap stuff and they don't hesitiate re-shrinkwrapping returns and slapping them back on the shelves. Some good stuff, some bad there, not sure what they do when they mailorder things out...

Yeah, I remember going to fry's last time and they had those Dragon motherboards on sale and there was just a pile of about 500 just sitting there piled on top of eachother. People would walk by and bump them and knock them on the ground from about 5ft high, I feel sorry for the person that ends up buying that motherboard. Especially if he goes through the trouble of setting the entire thing up its a pity.

I avoid buying "exposed" electronics from places like that.

well in Aus we have a store called Harvey Norman. It is fairly cheap and they really look after there customers there. I bought a HP printer, and for 5 times it didnt work, and they kept replacing it everytime i went in there and told them, anyways the 6th one also didnt work, so they sent a guy around free of charge, hye found that something was dodgy in my printer port, replaced it free of charge, and let me keep the newer model printer they gave me. And he also did a thourough check of my comp for stuff ups, and also fixed all of them free of charge. All In All about 7 hours of work, for free. Lesson to all Aussies, Harvey Norman Rocks.

As we are talking about online stores here is the Harvey Norman online store ;)

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

I would like to know why so many people have to return goods to them? They keep replacing with bigger better models till they get it right. I know of several people here in Darwin that have always had to return goods because they were faulty :eek:

The only good thing I see is that they no longer stock Compaq computers (or didn't last time I was there) ;)

One of mt favorite places to order from is Pricewatch: http://www.pricewatch.com ... they are an OEM 1st/2nd level direct manufacturer super outlet. Picked up a brand new creative labs CD-RW from them a while ago for $45, and a new hard drive for $75. They have full computer kits for around $145 after shipp., network supplies, motherboards...everything. I usually order from there and skip the computer shows unless I want old stuff from computer history and someone has it...like tandy color computer equipment :D lol.

Wolfknight

Back