• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best FTP program

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I currently use Filezilla for my FTP program, but was wondering if anyone else had recommendations?

Are you having issues with Filezilla? I have been using that forever, and love it. Used CuteFTP way back in the day, and it was fine. Looks like it's a pay program now.

Are you having issues with Filezilla? I have been using that forever, and love it. Used CuteFTP way back in the day, and it was fine. Looks like it's a pay program now.

Nope. I have also used it for years. Just was curious if anyone was using something different and if so, what and what they liked about it.

Filezilla all the way. I've been using that since before I was even into web hosting.

Usually I use it for SFTP though. I don't normally use actual FTP anymore.

I also use FileZilla but if you have a lot of files to upload, it's way better to archive all the files into one zip file and upload it to your cPanel File Manager and extract it from there. It takes way less time.

FileZilla:

- Clean, intuitive interface
- Frequently updated / in active development

It's simple and gets the job done properly.

It would be nice (mainly for web developers) to be able to preview files within the application, such as images and text files. Some other FTP clients have this functionality, and to my knowledge, FilleZilla doesn't.

For me it has to be FileZilla, I have been using it for 4-5 years and I never needed to switch to another one.

I use winSCP. Earlier I was using fileZilla but winSCP is much more user friendly than fileZilla.
Agreed, I switched from FZ to winSCP and never looked back. The interface is better, but one of the main reasons was that FileZilla does not encrypt usernames and passwords whereas SCP does.

Back