• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Free FTP Client?

none of 'em. They're all bad, since they limit your computer speed when you're uploading.

WS_FTP LE -- this is the free version of WS_FTP Pro... the problem is that you cannot change it so that you can delete non-empty directories. Also, this program usually uses the speed of the server you're uploading to and not your computer... so no slowdowns/freezing will occur. To check the speed of the connection, check in the log box located under the two folder views.

there are many more out there... but this is the best one i've been able to find that is free.

CHMOD only works on UNIX servers, and never works on Windows servers.

In fact probably the best is SSH Secure Shell which has a file transfer client included and is free for non-commercial use @ http://www.ssh.com plus it's SSH2 secured.

DarkBlood i think your confused on the
none of 'em. They're all bad, since they limit your computer speed when you're uploading.
the limits are on connection and server.

i agree with santa. LOL...
however i suggest you get a shareware one then crack it (eg: cute FTP)

since warez are banned im not going to give any addresses LOL

Back