• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Free Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a moderation point of view I find the phpBB much more user friendly. From an esthetics point of view though I prefer the design of myBB. From a functionality point of view phpBB wins again. I just seem to move faster and everything is in a more logical place with phpBB whereas myBB I have to think about my moves more carefully.
:)

I have used phpBB for ages, but rarely used the default template/free themes for aesthetics. I normally incorporate the forum into my design by finding a theme that "fits" the overall look. I have never used SMF or MyBB, so unsure what finctions they may have, stability, ease of template-layout integration, etc.

I have used phpBB for ages, but rarely used the default template/free themes for aesthetics. I normally incorporate the forum into my design by finding a theme that "fits" the overall look. I have never used SMF or MyBB, so unsure what finctions they may have, stability, ease of template-layout integration, etc.
Do you have an example of a design that does not use the default template? Curious to see one.
:)

For me, SMF is the best choice. I like its way interface and its easy to browse through the posts and administrate.
Its done in a very sleek manner, I have tried MyBB, but its interface didn't convince me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back