• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Ecommerce Website Software

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
On and off for 2013, I been selling on ebay, and making good money with it. For 2014, I plan to ramp that up even more. Including selling on Amazon, as well as my own ecommerce website.

So far, I have installed Magento, Prestashop, and currently TomatoCart.

I like the front view of TomatoCart, but the admin area seems a tad weird looking. Still getting the hang of it.

Magento and Prestashop both seemed to be good, but when I looked at their templates and the price for additional mods, it was extremely pricey.

I know there is going to be some costs involved, but that was a bit outrageous.

I know most users on here own/operate a web hosting business. However, I figured maybe someone has a hosting client that uses a script, that they know about and could recommend. I plan to hopefully start setting things up beginning January.

Thank you in advance or any suggestions.

Have you thought about hosted solutions such as BigCommerce or Shopify? This way you don't really have to worry about the technical side of things, you can just focus on your products and building your business.

Are you just in need of a shopping cart? There are tons of shopping cart scripts out there, many free and open source, if that's what you're looking for.

I need a script/software for an entire site. It would help if it came with a lot of features, or reasonably priced ones, and templates as well.

Actually, it all depends on your needs and levels of complexity that you want to accept and learn. It’s probably best for you to check several Shopping cart software sites and read about their features and price. Part of the problem to suggest you specific software is what makes best for us may not make it best for you. But in a nutshell: check osCommerce and if you are already used to with osCommerce then check osCmax (Note: I don’t have any experience with osCmax, but in the similar kind of discussion one of our customers mentioned its name). You can also check the following URL; you will get a brief idea about what kind of options available for you. Perhaps, some of the names you already know, but maybe you will find some new ones. Hopefully helpful!

Really depends on the products/service you are selling.

Nonetheless cPanel holds a large database of eCommerce applications at your disposable.

I vote for Shopify, they have great designs at best rate. If you want Ecommerce Platform for your website, then Magento is a good option.

The best hosted ecommerce website software which are generally used by the users are Shopify, Volusion, BigCommerce, Go Daddy Shopping Cart, Squarespace Commerce etc.

I'm doing a Wordpress course and have recently signed up for one on WooCommerce. WooCommerce plugin is free, but the plugin has extensions that one has to buy. If one gets it right one doesn't need to spend any money at all. There are some really good WordPress themes available that work well with WooCommerce. Also plenty of documentation and free online tutorials. No lack of support.

It all really depends on your size of operation.

Magento is mainly used by major brands. But it does take constant maintenance.

Woocommerce is great for SME's. Comes with a lot of plugins to automate business and marketing processes. It really is a great platform.

Shopify is certainly the best fully hosted solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all eCommerce platforms have pros and cons. Let's compare vtex vs shopify. Shopify is good for medium-sized businesses that don’t need deep customization, have a somewhat limited budget, and want to enter the digital market ASAP. But the companies with a big, multinational span, may find Shopify limiting because some features are limited to certain countries. VTEX is great for middle-sized or large retail organizations that require a flexible SaaS eCommerce platform with some customization capacity, but your ability to customize storefront with VTEX will be limited.

Back