• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Bulletin Board?

Ikonboard
http://www.ikonboard.com
Speed: 8
Reliability: 8
Flexibility: 9
Features: 9
Installion: 10
This is the best PERL board. Its pretty easy to install and modify. It takes very little knowlenge to run and the newest verison is going to be faster and more server friendly.

i think vbulletin is the best...but i'm using ikonboard right now because Vbulletin requires Mysql and it's hard to find a free- reliable Mysql host out there...I already tried vBulletin when i still have my domain name (www.finalfantasy9site.com) hosted at anikey.com and it's very good (much better than ikonboard and ubb).Too bad i lost my domain name with all my vbulletin board because anikey closing down the hosting service on april 2001
:(

IkonBoard::v3 will be pretty good. I have never tried phpBB, but I guess it's good for php. And those two are free, so they get my vote.

OK, I got XMB installed:
Speed: 9
Reliability: ?
Flexibility: 6
Features: 7
Installion: 9.5 (The admin panel was a small problem)

where to download this forum??

Can you download somewhere vBulletin 2?? I searched, but never found something... Thx in advance

To get vBulletin you need a $180 license first ;)

Rating IkonBoard 3 is rediculous, all you've heard it's going to be great. That's all, you can see some demos but you never tested it's speed and it's easyness of administration and installation. So scrap that :p

And Akalon, what version of YaBB are you using? I suppose not Y1Gold final? Because it's probably as fast or faster than Ikonboard 2

2 QUESTIONS

HI.. I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

1) IS "SNITZ" FORUM NOT WORTH TO COMPETE WITH THESE FORUMS LISTED ABOVE?

2) DOES THESE FORUMS ACCEPT UPLOADING PICTURES (FILES)? I AM LOOKING FOR ONE TO POST PICTURES, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

THANKS

Re: 2 QUESTIONS

Originally posted by Peter65
HI.. I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

1) IS "SNITZ" FORUM NOT WORTH TO COMPETE WITH THESE FORUMS LISTED ABOVE?

2) DOES THESE FORUMS ACCEPT UPLOADING PICTURES (FILES)? I AM LOOKING FOR ONE TO POST PICTURES, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

THANKS
ARE YOU SURE YOU DID NOT SWITCH THE CAPS LOCK ON?

Pretty annoying

Back