• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Brand for Laptops?

brenna55

Hello friends,
Currently I am using desktop computer and now I want to replace it with a brand new laptop. As you know, there are many brands available in market but I don't know which one is best. My budget is around 800$. Please guide me for best brand if you have some experience. Thanks in advance!

sony vaios are the best, but they are a bit more expensive. Other good brands to look at are gateway and asus. I'd avoid dell if possible.

DELL laptops are known for best quality and best after sales service all over the world so I would recommend you to go for DELL.

Sony seems like a great brand and so does Asus with the warranty.

Avoid HP at all costs and nVidia chipsets - class action lawsuit still going atm.

Dell. Snicker.

Anyway, if you want a good laptop, I'd now recommend HP's business-grade laptops - and some of their consumer models. They used to suck, but made a lot of quality improvements over the past couple of years, such that I purchased an HP when I needed a Windows laptop for a thing I was doing recently.

HP wants $300 to repair the faulty chipset. The laptop as it stands is no more than a heater.

www.nvidiasettlement.com - in case anyone has a laptop with an Nvidia chipset in it they can check it out and see if its affected.

Really? I have no problems with it. And I repair chipsets as well as other parts for well under $300. Plus, even best buy offers repairs under $300. I think its like $75 for them to fix laptops.

Really? I have no problems with it. And I repair chipsets as well as other parts for well under $300. Plus, even best buy offers repairs under $300. I think its like $75 for them to fix laptops.

Yeah I could get it repaired but there's no telling whether I would be reimbursed or not, so I'm waiting on the outcome of the lawsuit before I do anything with it.

Meh, anyway...If you are looking for a laptop. Two I recommend from past experience, other than HP, are:
- Dell (great inexpensive laptops, and very reliable, try the inspiron series)
- Asus (another great name, I've never had a problem with their computer hardware, and I've used a few of their laptops on a test trial and found nothing wrong with them)

Back