• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

best asp.net hosting with windows server?

LouisHem

Hi! I am a software developer and I'm looking to sell some software. I'm mainly going to be running a forum, but I also need a bit of storage space for this software, so I figure that I only need shared web hosting.

The software that I'm selling is a .exe file using the .NET framework. Now I'm going to have a PHP script which executes an encrypter which then encrypts my .exe file, then the PHP script will take a copy of the file and move it to a new folder and then zip it. The zipped files will be deleted every 2 or 3 months, and shouldn't take up more space than around 2-3 GB (that is all the files combined).

For that to work, I need this requirements:
1. The webhost has to offer Windows as the operating system of the server.
2. No PHP restrictions. Well, at least it can't block functions like exec.
3. At least 10GB storage space, and an option to upgrade. I'm looking for a webhost that has good and fast support (so 24/7, or close to that) and I'd also like SSL as an option.
4. I prefer to host in european server (it's my consideration about the site speed)

I found that Hostforlife meet my requirements. Are you guys are familiar with this hosting provider? I'm hoping that some of you have a good sites in mind. Thanks in advance :)

I think that tasks You described can be achieved on cheaper, open source Linux VPS, using bash scripting

Back