• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beggars hate me.

jeez dynash... steal my reply!

i feel sorry for the people w/ the dogs... but i'm a major animal lover

in my city, there are about 6 different people who beg. and you can just tell that they are faking it.
1. The mall thing at the end of town
2. One of the McDonalds in the middle of town
3. One of the stoplights on the parkway
4. outside the AM/PM gas station on the corner
5. near the library in the Old Mill District
6. and there is another one in the next town over that stands outside the Hotel 8 next to the fairgrounds and the old WalMart (pretty much the same town)

i went to school with a kid who didn't have a home, and he said that his parents were too ashamed to actually go out and beg for money.

To be fair, most of the people claiming benifits are lazy asses who wont go and look for a job, and then moan when their money gets dropped/lowered.

now myself, i have no source of income, i can't get a darn job, it's too hard. i've applied for around 40 jobs, in the last 3/4 months, even ones i wouldn't enjoy to take. but since i'm not 18 right now, i can't work at decent places. one thing they should do for sure, is increase the minimum wage for -18.

I don't mind if the taxes were spent into something productive, ie, healthcare, roadways (the roads are crap here), education, or people who genuinely need the money, etc. But people like her (mentioned above) make me angry.

well, they are wasting more money in the education system... it shouldn't be spent there in my eyes. take this week, my cousin, got a new laptop, and about another 200 kids, because they need help learning. granted, some of them do, but most of them wont have a clue on using a computer, so why give them one.

oh, and about the "people who need the money", well in the UK if you take drugs, you get more money on top of anything you get, to "get off" the drugs. they pay it into your bank account, don't keep track of you, to see if you are spending it to quit, or if you are just spending it on the drugs. when we know what the majority are spending it on.

Well I have other beefs with rogers (cheaper and unlimited HDSPA plzkthx!)

But changing a historic name like the Skydome to a sleazy marketing effort...just stupid. I mean, the Rogers Skydome would have been cool with me, but Rogers Centre?

And I live in Richmond Hill :)
We had the same issue here when they built our new arena a couple years back. It was originally the 'Memorial Centre', and was supposedly to dedicate WWII vets. Then a local millionaire shelled out cash to sponsor it and have the name changed to the Save on Foods Arena (SOFA). There was a huge outcry and it ended up being changed again to Save on Foods Memorial Arena. Which is even cheesier if you ask me.

Last edited:
We had the same issue here when they built our new arena a couple years back. It was originally the 'Memorial Centre', and was supposedly to dedicate WWII vets. Then a local millionaire shelled out cash to sponsor it and have the name changed to the Save on Foods Arena (SOFA). There was a huge outcry and it ended up being changed again to Save on Foods Memorial Area. Which is even cheesier if you ask me.

What do either of those last 2 actually mean?

Dynash, sometimes the 'classroom in a box' that's handed out in the UK does do good (that is a MAC based only in class/teacher thing) but I agree handing out 200 laptops is a stupid waste as I've seen the misuse in the UK of these, some (a lot) of which surprisingly stolen/lost...

The drug problem and assistance you mention is off topic but pertinant to spending money on ineffectual solutions.

We have a great doctors at the corner of our street, so close it's very comforting, unfortunately they also deal with the methadone handouts.

I want to quit smoking and will have to pay more than it costs me to smoke to try (including with government assistance, paid in for 30 years and nowt back) but if I had a drug habit - wayhey party time!

I stopped at a gas station to put some gas and pump my tires.

As soon as I stop, I see a homeless person standing next to the entrance looking at me. Being discreet, I pretend like I did not see. Then this individual approaches me asking for 25 cents. Unfortunately I NEVER carry change, I like plastic better. Well being in Miami, I responded "I don't speak Spanish" (I couldn't understand what he was saying) then he repeated and I repeated the same thing. Then he yells out "I am not speaking spanish!". I felt stupid because I assumed he was since I couldn't understand him.

Sounds like the British education system is loaded. I remember one of my friends telling me he went to a public school in Britain, and they had Go-Karts.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Canada, the public education system is in serious need of more funds.

[DWH]Yuxuan;976678 said:
Sounds like the British education system is loaded. I remember one of my friends telling me he went to a public school in Britain, and they had Go-Karts.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Canada, the public education system is in serious need of more funds.

well, "loaded" if you are the one handing the cash out. but if you go to the public schools, they are crumbling, and need major work on them. it's a pain in the --- just to get new pens and tables. though they give free laptops out, which just "disapear".

[DWH]Yuxuan;976678 said:

Never seen a school near where I live with go-karts..... and a public school??? I wonder how much they spend on there education.

[DWH]Yuxuan;976678 said:

The 'British' education sytem has many levels and I don't doubt your friends report.
Public School is not 'public' it's for those and such as those (in other words dads or mums that can afford to pay a lot), and taken normally as the places where those with no talent come out of, but end up in high paid jobs :wink2:

Take the UK's last 2 PM's including incumbent. Neither even wanted to admit to being there (as in the real world) which is what they are 'learned' as they don't know the word 'tought'

I am very bitter at the UK system as it's been taken away over the past 10 years from being democratic to being autocratic to being dictatorial.

So your friend at public school will have a nice job now then :)

Heh, my friend wasn't exactly rich.

He first lived in Portugal, then he moved to Britain and lived there for one year, went to that school, then immigrated to Canada.

I guess you could call him lucky.

"No worries?" Lol, sorry decker, but I'm not up to date with the slangs across the pond.

But if you're asking whether I'm rich or not, I can sadly (or gladly, whichever you prefer) say, no I am not.

Here in Darwin we have the indiginous people begging.

Heh. I was in Perth a couple of weeks ago, and one came up to me and goes

"Hey brutha, Spare a dolla or two for me! Comeon brutha I'm outta piss and I need to go to the bottle-o to buy some more".

I actually gave him some coin, only because he was honest in the first place!

Heh. I was in Perth a couple of weeks ago, and one came up to me and goes

"Hey brutha, Spare a dolla or two for me! Comeon brutha I'm outta piss and I need to go to the bottle-o to buy some more".

I actually gave him some coin, only because he was honest in the first place!

HE RETURNSnocaps

Back