• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bedtime

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Here's an interesting topic. How many of you go to bed early? Since we all know we need sleep, if you answered that you don't go to bed early... do you not do it because going to bed early is for babies and old people, or is it just because you are a night owl?

For me, it's not always hard to go to be early if I actually do it, but early for me is something like 11:30 PM. I am usually in bed around 12-12:20 am but I should really go to bed between 10-11 PM since I have to get up at 6:30-6:50 am 3 days a week.

I can wake up at 7-8am if I go to bed at 12am. About 4 years ago, I used to sleep for about 9-10 hours, now I can sleep less than 8 hours.

When I'm really stressed, I can sleep 5-6 hours and wake up early, if I know that I have something important to do, something with my "internal bio clock".

Last edited:
Yes, being able to sleep less is what I'm talking about though. People including myself, are getting way less sleep than required. I have a feeling it will get so bad, that in 5-10 years companies will be required to delay the start time of their shifts maybe 2 hours so people can sleep an extra period of time.

I work afternoons. I go to sleep at like 4am, wake up at like noon or 1pm. I like it. I get to wake up without an alarm clock every day.

Most days, I go to bed around 10 to 11 PM. I work a normal job during the week from 8 to 4, so I'm typically up around 6:30 AM so I can get ready and head out. On the weekend I'm usually up until around 2 or 3 AM... working on projects, around the house, or out in the shop.

I get up at 5:30 so I can be at class at 7:20 (I need a little extra time in the morning to get myself functional), so I try to get to bed before 11:30, usually I try to get in bed by 10:30 so I can get 7 hours of sleep.

Usually I sleep 6.5 - 7 hours a night.

Typically I go to bed about 11:30pm-12:30am... when I'm busy with school work. But when I go out clubbing once or twice a week I get home at like 3-4AM hahah... usually I'm out thursday, friday or saturday night. :)

I'm not the old person you used to know hahah.

If I sleep 10-11PM, I can sleep 12 hours easily if I can stay in bed, but I don't like to, and could still be tired when I wake up anyway.
If I sleep late (like I used to when I worked evenings/nights) at 4AM, I can wake up around 9AM easily and not be tired.
I find it hard to sleep at night.

i like to be in bed between 9-10pm, and i get up at 5am on weekdays, and i sleep in a bit on weekends, about 6:30. i sometimes stay up late, like 11:30 or so, but, i dont like to.

8-9 hours of sleep is not bad, but waking up at 9 am makes me feel like I've wasted lots of the day already. :p

I do a fairly fancy weekly rotating system. Heh "early"? I got y'all beat there some days, like last night - early for me is about 7PM! Then I get up at midnight-1am, do stuff when it is nice and quiet, then do a finishing nap from about 4-7am. I call that a split shift. Then other days it's a more recognizable 11pm-7am in time for my job starting about 8 mon-fri.

Back