• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

be careful with customer Matthew from mattsoft

gate2vn

Anyone has business with this customer should be careful. We have received email from 2CO today, saying this customer complains he didnt receive service when he paid.

This is the situation

- he rent a dedicated server from us, and his payment date is the 18 every month
- On Aug 18, he requested late payment, and I agreed to wait for him until Aug 22
- On Aug 21, he requested to cancel payment, even our TOS (http://
www.gate2vn.net/info/tos.html) asks 10 days BEFORE payment date to make the cancellation. So I asked him if he wanted to cancel server
IMMEDIATELY, I will send him a link for 50% monthly payment, instead of full fee. He's agreed
- After receiving confirmation about his payment, I sent him another ticket, said I will keep his server online until Aug 24, so he could move out the data. He didnt reply anything
- After Aug 23, his server was disconnect, but he didnt finish to move out his data
- He asked to reconnect server, and I said he needs to pay the rest 50% to keep his server online until its normal payment date (the 18th). He's agreed and paid
- his server is reconnected until today, and now he complains that he didnt receive service

He's using his server for full month, but wants to pay a half??? even when he's late in payment???

Anyone should be carefull when doing business with him

Last edited:
He's agreed and paid

If he paid.. then what's wrong with it?

If the payment was due on the 18th, and he paid 50% of what the normal fee was, wouldn't he have the right to use it for 15 days until you disconnect him? instead of 6 days disconnected him? If he agreed to pay after u disconnected his server, why are you complaining then? You got the money don't you?

Last edited:
hm....very fishy, possibly the server isnt working on his side or something and thats why he's compalining

or maybe he's just a cheapskate :p

VisionaryHost said:
Gate, why didn't you denied his offer?

cause he's our customer in a few months, so I dont want to disconnect his server immediately. I gave him the chance to move his data out

tommi said:
If he paid.. then what's wrong with it?

It's just the problem when now, after moving to new host, he complains with 2CO that he didnt receive service, and asks for refund :D

tommi said:
If the payment was due on the 18th, and he paid 50% of what the normal fee was, wouldn't he have the right to use it for 15 days until you disconnect him? instead of 6 days disconnected him?

read the situation again, tommi. He's late in payment, and even that, he's asking for cancellation. What will you do if your customer is late in payment, and say I dont want to use it anymore, just cancel the payment? I believe each one has TOS, and customers have to follow it. Our TOS requires 10 days before the payment date to do the cancellation. the 50% of normal fee is for keeping his server online for a few days, so he can move out his data.

WireHost said:
hm....very fishy, possibly the server isnt working on his side or something and thats why he's compalining or maybe he's just a cheapskate

he's complaining that he didnt receive the service, not complaining that the server isnt working on his side ;) and I believe that the server is working fine, even until today, so he can move out his data

anyway, I have showed the 2CO staff the tickets between us and him. I believe Georgette has forwarded again to him, without any reply

Back