• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Automatic Backup to Other Server

AnnaYung

Hi,all
I have a server in UK. I want to buy USA server because I want to create website backup automatically from UK server to USA server. So that when our dynamic website will be updated in UK server in the same time it will be updated in USA server also. And if UK server goes down, USA server will automatically serve the website. So how can I do that on CentOS? Please suggest.

Hi :)

assuming you use cPanel, here is how you can enable automatic backups on a cPanel server:

You can access the Backup Configuration option by enabling Backup Configuration on Global Settings and going through WHM> Backup> Backup Configuration. In order to save disk space it is preferable to use the “Compressed” backup type.

Through cPanel/WHM Backup Configuration you can configure the location in which all the backups will be stored. The default backup directory in this case will be the same server. However you can change the directory to another external server by enabling the Additional Destinations option. The backups will be stored in the desired location after you provide the FTP login credentials to the external server and specify the backup directory location. What remains is to simply click “Save Configuration” and all the backups will be sent to the server.

You can find other details on enabling backups on your cPanel server through this article.

Hope this helped.

Back