• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australian Net Infrastructure Upgrade

GlennBeforeTime

Why is Dan Back!!
NLC
Alright, so after spending countless amount of Australian Tax Payers money and 5 years later, Australia has finally decided to upgrade THEIR countries internet infrastructure.

The original proposal was Fibre to the Node, the new proposal is Fibre to the House. What this means is, 90% Of Australia will be able to get a Fibre Optic internet connection increasing the Australian Packet Transport Bandwidth to around 100Mbps (Or so it was capped at)

What do you believe the impact of this will have with the Australian Hosting Industry having access to more then 10Mbps connections. The prices of broadband and data transfer would be predicted to drop, or the value of Australian Internet Access become better.

I believe this is a step in the right connection (Especially after wasting tax payer's money to upgrade the New Zealand infrastructure) I believe that Australia will need to gain a few more T1 Fibre Optic Connections to the rest of the world before prices of web hosting will be effected significantly. But we can only hope.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. I posted this is Host Talk, because I am referring to the impact this will have on the hosting industry.

Is that south or north OZ?

Anyway, Glenn willing to help you out this time as I hope you have matured.

You know how to get hold of me.

Is that south or north OZ?

Anyway, Glenn willing to help you out this time as I hope you have matured.

You know how to get hold of me.

Thanks for the compliment mate... But I'm not sure what you mean lol :)

Oh, BTW, I'm not overly mature when I have 1.25L of coffee in 1 sitting :wink2: :p

Understood, sorry for thread hijack! too many beers. But on a serious note I wish you the best of luck, I would be happy to help out where I can.

You still chums with KTS?

It is always nice to see countries upgrading their broadband! :D However, doesn't Australia have bigger problems to be solving atm? (drought!) Seems to me like the welfare of your people is a more immediate concern than upgrading your Internet.

Just saying...

It is always nice to see countries upgrading their broadband! :D However, doesn't Australia have bigger problems to be solving atm? (drought!) Seems to me like the welfare of your people is a more immediate concern than upgrading your Internet.

Just saying...

The drought is this bad, because our previous state government did NOT upgrade water supplies when they should have, and now, due to their ---- up, we are hydrationally screwed and will have to result drinking from our own cups :rolleyes2 like we haven't done that before :lol: All I ask for is 1 good thing for me to gloat about before I die... And this will be it. (Do you know HOW many strangers I'm going to bag when I have uber fast internet connections? LOTS!)

Back