• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Asylum1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have been open for around 2 years, there should be plenty of reviews on web hosting directories.

Have a look at what other users are saying. Just remember the only way you can make sure that they are a good host is to actually sign up and host with them for a few days.

I'm not sure they have been around for 2 yrs- The domain is registered on 2001

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Jul-2002.
Record expires on 23-Jul-2003.
Record Created on 23-Jul-2001.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.RACKSHACK.NET 207.218.223.132
NS2.RACKSHACK.NET 207.218.223.162

On their AUP page.....

Copyright © by Asylum1 - Welcome to the Asylum All Right Reserved.

Published on: 2002-07-07 (68 reads) :confused2

<edit> That site has also got a delayed popup for Gator :mad:

and now another delayed one while I sifted through the source code to see where it was coming from. Adclick is the offender it seems :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just wouldn't trust a company that puts zombies on their frontpage. Not professional at all.

It definitively is big NO!!!

It loaded a some kind of script that did two things to my computer:

1) it changed the homepage to http://www.browserwise.com
2) when I try to reach a non-existing page, it will redirect the default Internet Explorer page to http://www.browserwise.com/search1error2.html :fork:

Now I would like some help to restore this :)
Obviously I could change the homepage very easily (very simple). But when I surf to a non-existing page, it is very annoying that is redirects to a seach website from browserwise.com. Anyone knows how to do that?

Man ... I really hate it when things like this happen.

As I mentioned before, they have zombies on the frontpage. It looks like a teenage prank, therefore no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back