• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Asus master hd password

I don't know about your particular model, but usually they're held in place by a few screws on either the top of the bottom and then have a few tabs on the opposite site that slide under a bezel or the palm rest. You should be able to just lift it up at an angle and "slide" it out after the screws are removed.

Edit: It'll probably be attached by a ribbon cable that you'll also need to disconnect before the keyboard can be removed entirely.

I don't know about your particular model, but usually they're held in place by a few screws on either the top of the bottom and then have a few tabs on the opposite site that slide under a bezel or the palm rest. You should be able to just lift it up at an angle and "slide" it out after the screws are removed.

Edit: It'll probably be attached by a ribbon cable that you'll also need to disconnect before the keyboard can be removed entirely.

I have got it all undone, but now I have another issue. I cannot see the damn battery. A picture can be seen here http://www.millenniumcapitalcorp.com/laptop.png

Last edited:
George, I can't really tell what is in the way, but please review the image. I have circled in red where the CMOS battery is. You'll have to remove whatever that is to get to it. It should be a small battery which connects to the motherboard with a cable and two pin connector. Use your fingers or a small pair of needle nose pliers to remove the battery.

zn3j7q.png

Decker:

An image I found online, also said it was right there. Not sure what the block box is, but there is one on the left side too. I do notice a wire going to the one on the right, but there is no way for me to lift it up, or disconnect the wire, or open it.

I'm not sure what the black thing is either. The photo is too blurry for me to see. I would imagine maybe it's the audio jacks or something. Either way, it has to be moved (or removed) for you to access the battery.

One more thing. After you take the battery out, wait a few moments and then plug it back in. Turn the computer on with everything still disassembled to see if the BIOS password is indeed cleared. Don't worry if there are keyboard errors and such. The main thing is to recognize that the password(s) are clear and you can then enter the BIOS setup after you have the computer assembled again.

I'm not sure what the black thing is either. The photo is too blurry for me to see. I would imagine maybe it's the audio jacks or something. Either way, it has to be moved (or removed) for you to access the battery.

One more thing. After you take the battery out, wait a few moments and then plug it back in. Turn the computer on with everything still disassembled to see if the BIOS password is indeed cleared. Don't worry if there are keyboard errors and such. The main thing is to recognize that the password(s) are clear and you can then enter the BIOS setup after you have the computer assembled again.

The only thing I could remove is where an SD card would go. There was a cable coming from the black thing you pointed out, and let to a piece of the motherboard I think. There was also a battery located to the far left as well. I unplugged them both.

I just plugged them both back in, but it still prompts me for the Hard Disk Password.

It does allow me to go into bios now, but for whatever reason, I cannot disengage the Primary Master HDD User and Master passwords

http://millenniumcapitalcorp.com/battery.jpg to get a better look

Try leaving the battery out for a bit longer, or if possible do a complete reset in the bios. There should be an option in there to restore default settings.

Try leaving the battery out for a bit longer, or if possible do a complete reset in the bios. There should be an option in there to restore default settings.

I havent seen any batter still to take out...just 2 cords to unplug.

in the bios, it gives you the option to disengage, but you have to know what the password is to do so.

It should be a small white connector under the black thing that I circled in the photo. Disconnect it. Wait a few moments and then connect it again.

It should be a small white connector under the black thing that I circled in the photo. Disconnect it. Wait a few moments and then connect it again.

Yeah, the black cords, lead to a circuit bored on the right, and to the left, lead to a very small batter with another connectror for another circuit board. I will wait 30 minutes this time.

That little black circle in your laptop2 photo is the battery and yes, you got it unhooked. That should have completely reset the BIOS. So I don't understand why it's still asking for the password.

You might be SOL after reading this page: http://support.asus.com/Search/KDetail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=C6F3581C-095E-8175-A8E6-33E03D579DFE&t=2

Well damn...I am going to kill my wife! jk.

So the black thing in photo 2 is the battery...thought so....Well still waiting....Just wish it would disengage since I was able to get into bios, but I guess not.

I would almost image that if you could go into the bios now and do a reset or restore it to factory setting that would clear out any passwords. Unless somehow that "hard drive" password is stored on the hard drive itself somehow, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I would almost image that if you could go into the bios now and do a reset or restore it to factory setting that would clear out any passwords. Unless somehow that "hard drive" password is stored on the hard drive itself somehow, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I can go into bios, and see the password areas, but it doesn't let you disable it. Not sure where my wife went in bios either...

I tried F9 to restore, and it said it did, but it still didn't remove it.

There has to be more to it then this little battery. Still asking me for the password. Can enter dos just fine, but cant disable it.

Hey Decker, isnt it true that if you remove the batter and power up, the pc is supposed to give some error about that?

I removed the battery, and it is giving no error, but still asking for the password...is there another battery?

Well the battery deleted the supervisor and user passwords I set up via bios, but not the hard drive password. Dont make sense for it to delete the others but not the hard drive one.

Back