• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[ Aspiring ] Car Designer portfoilio website

Andrej

I've created my online portfolio website. Please tell me what's good...what's bad, what should I improve, etc. I'm going to translate it to Slovak and Spanish and I'd like to make sure everything is OK in order to have less work when fixing something - better once than three times.
Do not hesitate to criticize me!
I'm still improving it.

more at... and5rey.uni.cc

On a 45 Meg pipe it takes too long to load, I lost interest waiting.

Slim it down it might be great but if no one wants to wait ...

It didnt take that long to load. I would say that your current design is fairly average and since you have talent and creativity I'm sure you will be able to come up with something that is far better in the future.

Your content is interesting and congratulations for being selected as a finalist for the Stile Italiano.

My advice to you is get yourself a proper domain name and work on your online portfolio and improve the site overall. There are plenty of freewebhosts here that will offer you hosting.

good luck with your work.

icontact, thanks for your advice. I've decided to redesign the site completely. I'll post when finished... By proper domain name do you mean eg. andrejpariza.tk or andrejpariza.uni.cc or a .com or .net domain?

Venkan, why should I remove the Java? Anyone else thinks I should do that? There're many websites which use Java on the net.

what i mean is get yourself a TLD like a .com .net or one of your choice just to make your online portfolio more proffesional.

domain names are very cheap now.

I'm a 7mb cable connection and it doesn't load for me.

I think you need to switch hosts. Any host offering "unlimited bandwidth" is just not being honest with you.

Robert said:
Any host offering "unlimited bandwidth" is just not being honest with you.
Robert, thank you for that point. Till now I thought my site works well all over the globe. I host it with atspace.com and as they offer unlimited traffic, I thought there won't be any problems with the bandwidth. I don't understand why you can't see the site? I still can load it. Anyway, do you mean this one: andrejpariza.tk (andrejpariza.atspace.com)?

khalil, thank you for your encouragement. I decided for the .tk site. This one is better, it's more organized.

Last edited:
Anyone else can't see the site? Please tell me if it doesn't load for you so that I could change my host.

loads for me, but just a few suggestions:

ditch those java applets, they slow things down.
use flash instead or javacript for the menu rollovers and side slideshow

Back