• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Asp Vs Cf Vs Php

ASP/PHP/CF

• PHP

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • ASP

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • CF

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by ashben
Don't you think JSP (Java Server Pages) also hold's a chance?

I thought it was pretty ovbious that people preferred php and asp over that but we do get java chats and stuff so I agree they do deserve a chance.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
I haven't seen a site using coldfusion in about 8 or 9 months.
Probably because it's so damn expensive. What is it, something like $4-5000 now?

ASP is very nice, but PHP is free and this is the main ASP problem. I voted for ASP, but I know that PHP will win in this poll.

Originally posted by Pedroz
ASP is very nice, but PHP is free and this is the main ASP problem. I voted for ASP, but I know that PHP will win in this poll.

what r u about PHP is the only 1 free? ASP is also free!!! its included in PWS which u could download from microsoft's web site
its also included in IIS, which many big corporations n i myself uses

ASP is not free if ur server is on a unix/linux os

mw2k1: Yes, but you have to pay for Windows, so ASP is not free. And hosting ASP pages is also not free, because you have to buy Windows 2000 which is not cheap.

ashben: But it has only pearl. Many ASP programmers uses VBscript or JScript.

I didn't know ASP is not free. But then many job listings still require knowledge of ASP and not PHP?! And I found many, many sites that use PHP. hmmm

It's easier and cheaper to get people who know ASP over PHP simply because there are more people for the job; of course the company will lose money and time because of effeciency and security issues, but in the end, they will save more money by going with the crappier language and sticking to it.

ASP ?? I dint think so....
Do you really trust Micro$oft private technology ??

ASP = microsoft = cost you lots of $$$$$ != securety
PHP = free = secure = open-source.

So do you think if one should go for an interview with such companies, that he/she should try to convince the company that PHP is better and free?

Back