• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apache / Linux

Webdude

NLC
Does anyone here know additional ways to fight DOS attacks? Especially cgi based ones? I have set several parameters and configs that seem to being doing the job, but I have noticed that the system still slows down a bit under the attacks and am wondering if there are some better ways. This is why I wanted the attacks to happen so I could learn ways to combat them and adopt the most effective methods..

This is for the latest Apache/RH Linux by the way. I have been thinking about maybe switching to the Zeus webserver, but that's further down the road if it happens.

Originally posted by kunal
There is NO Effective solution for a DOS attack.

There was once NO way to put a man in space also, but a way was figured out. In otherwords, something is always possible. Besides, I am talking about DOS attacks coming thru cgi user scripts on the server, not the ping type.

Back