• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone seeing ad revenues dropping recently?

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
The revenue I get from all the websites I run has been slowly dropping in recent months despite traffic staying around the same.

I think the whole financial crisis that a lot of countries and markets are experiencing are possibly the cause.

Anyone else seeing similar activity?

It was kindof expected, was it not? :S

Google is getting less from advertisers, therefore, is giving less to people that display the advertisments

Yes, its all due to the credit crunch. Companys are unable to provide the funds for advertisments anymore, as they are not making the money they used to.

I guess your right, the question is now for long is it going to continue for before things start to pick up?
I should probably start thinking of other ways to make more money to supplement the deficit im suffering from. which is about 30% down from average monthly earnings from all the ads I run. (TLA, Google)

Well. It has only just started to hit the marketing market (Oo) Its only going to get worse over the next few months as demand is falling fast.

Some people are predicting as much as 50% drops in earnings from advertisments.

--

In other words, if you are counting on the money from ad's - I would start to worry now, and find somewhere else to get the moment from, as its only going to drop for the forseeable furture.

Until the global markets start to pick up again (No time soon) they wont be going back up.

My Google Adsense earnings dropped quite a lot from the usual yesterday and today... not sure if it has anything to do with all this though.

Thats definitely something that most ad based free hosting providers should be thinking about right now!

If the worst case scenario was to happen and the ppc/links etc market! A lot of free hosting providers could go down not just host`s! but possibly all kinds of websites that earn their money by ads and links.

Challenging times ahead.

I suspect this might strangle services like youtube/hulu ect (or certainly the smaller imitators like megavideo/dailymotion)...

A lot of web2.0 sites seem to be financed by hype, with huge costs covered by investors. I'll say this now, we're going to see some giants fall.

lol... anyway, my google adsense earnings bounced back up today. Will be keeping track though.

Back